Chapter 8

-Katniss' POV-

The week was school was quite good, one of the best I've had in a long time. Everyday both groups of my friends have come over and we've just been doing crazy things like teenagers would do. I still pick my daisy petals though, and ever time it ends on "he loves me".

I'm getting quite suspicious about it now but I think nothing of it. Right now it's Friday evening and they all just went home. I walk in through the back door and see Haymitch smiling at me.

"Finally getting yourself together again are you sweetheart?" he asks. I nod.

"Yeah, I guess so" I yawn. "I'm heading up to bed"

"Night sweeheart" he says.

I walk upstairs and change into my pyjamas then take my hair out of it's plait and climb into bed after plugging my phone onto charge and putting my earphones into it to play music. It helps me get to sleep, I've done it ever since I was eight because I didn't have Prim.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to my phone ringing. I roll over and look who it is.

Peeta💙🍞

I answer it.

"Hey?"

"Morning" he says chirpily. "We're all heading our way over yours okay?"

"Why?" I ask sleepily.

"We're going to the beach, remember?" he chuckles.

"Shit" I mutter. "Okay bye"

He chuckles. "See you in a bit"

I hang up and jump out of bed, I have a quick shower then dry my hair. I grab my black and white bikini and slip in on then grab my blue dress and put it on over the top and slip on come black flats. I grab my phone, purple beats headphones, a towel and sunglasses and put them into my bag. I put on my anchor necklace then do my hair. I run down the stairs to see Haymitch. "Morning" I greet.

"Morning sweetheart, oh you're going to the beach aren't you? Have a nice time" he smiles before I see the others by my back gate.

"Bye!" I call and run down the garden and slip through the gate. "Hey!" I greet and hug them all. We make our way to the beach which only takes arounf 5 minutes to get to from my house. When we arrive there aren't many people there. We pick a spot and put our bags and towels down.

The girls all take their clothes off and the boys take off their tops. I sit on the sand, still fully dressed, deciding whether or not to take them off.

Eventually the girls convince me to take my clothes and shoes off. They all gasp as they look at my body. "Your body is stunning Katniss! Why don't you wear bikinis more often?!" The girls ask as we walk to the sea. I see other people, well boys look over and wolf whistle as they smirk at me. I smile and wave back.

-Peeta's POV-

I see the girls nagging Katniss by where all our stuff is to take off her dress and shoes. Eventually she does and they make their way down towards where we are. Lots of other people, I mean boys wolf whistle and they smirk at her which causes her to smile and wave at then.

I can't help but feel jealously that she'll go with them instead. I sigh as I watch her smile and wave to every boy who whistles to her.

"What's wrong Peet?" Gale and Cato ask me.

I slightly point to Katniss. "Oh" they mumble.

I nod. "Hey, whatcha talking about?" Finnick and Marvel ask.