Chapter XXXIII

Her eyes softened and a tear slid down her cheek as she watched me. I reached out, wiping away her tear as I pulled her in. She hugged me tightly before I let go. I quickly grabbed some clothes and necessities, shoving it in a pack before heading out, Star on my tail. She walked me to the door, hugging me one last time before I walked out.

I pulled out my phone, starting to type to Zion before I decided against it. I darted to the office, turning the handle to find it locked. I pulled a pin out of my hair, prepared to pick it when I noticed that there was no opening to pick. I closed my eyes, wrapping my hand around the knob when I started to feel it. This wasn't any ordinary lock. It was secured with magic. I wrapped my arms tightly around the knob focusing my magic into it. This went on for a few minutes until I felt the knob break off, into my hand overwhelmed by the force of the magic.

I walked into the dark room, gliding both of my hands along the wall trying to find where we had entered to find my Father. I walked for close to half an hour, unable to find the section of the wall the Headmaster had touched to find my father. I kicked the wall in annoyance, unaware of my strength causing a hole right through it. Gasping, I tapped into my angel powers and focused on bringing the wall back together. Within seconds, it was repaired.

I pulled out my phone to check the time. It was close to 11 PM at this point. I looked around in the darkness, for anything that would help me find the doorway. I spotted a plant a couple feet away, perched on a shelf that was against the wall. I walked over quickly, gently sliding my finger under one of it's leaves feeling a jolt as the plant and I became one. I closed my eyes, clearing my mind as I focused. I searched for the door, remembering it just as it was. I remembered the way it had lit up from the wall, revealing a doorway. Slowly I began to hear whispering. It was faint, but once I had heard it I focused my hearing as I began to walk towards it. I walked, turning wherever the whisper got the loudest until I came face to face to a wall near the end of the hallway. I reached out my hand to touch it and it lit up. I immediately reached out, opening the door, and rushing in.

There he was. Just as I had left him. His head was tilted back, fast asleep. Guilt rushed throughout my body at the sight of him, chained and bound. He seemed so harmless, lying there peacefully snoring. I stepped forward, quietly stepping over the circle, careful not to break it. I swept his hair away from his face tenderly as I looked at him. His eyes flew open as he started struggling against the chains, lunging at me with his body. I yelped, jumping back outside of the circle as he glared at me madly, fighting against the chains that kept him down.

"I thought I told you. Your father is gone."

"Edward is stronger than you think," I muttered through clenched teeth.

"Then why don't you come over and save him?" he tempted me, his eyes gleaming at the opportunity of escaping.

I lunged forward, stopping myself just before I broke the boundary that was holding him. I clenched my fists to control myself from attacking. I had to keep calm and not give him the reaction he was expecting. I gazed into his eyes looking for a sliver of emotion. Anything that told me there was hope that Edward was still in there fighting. I shivered at the cold, emptiness of his gaze. I shut my eyes, shaking away my anguish as I focused on placing myself in his mind. I searched for a door, an opening, anything. I must have been looking for awhile because he said, "You're not getting in."

My lips curled up into a snarl at his words. Why couldn't I get into his head? I did it so easily with Zion. My eyes wandered to the circle. That must be it. There was no way I could enter his head with the boundary confining him. I shuddered at the thought of the havoc he would bring onto the Academy if I was to release him. I had to find another way to reach him.