Chapter XXXVI

"Ughhhhh," I groaned as I turned to glare at Star, snoring away peacefully as the alarm blasted. I picked up my pillow, smacking her with it to awaken up.

"Oops," she apologized, grabbing her phone from beside her and turning the alarm off. I pulled the covers over me as I attempted to snuggle back into the comfortable position I was sleeping in.

"Oh no you don't. You're going to class today."

"I've already missed so much. One more day won't hurt."

She jumped up, pulling the blanket off me.

"You're. Not. Leaving. Me. Alone," she said, struggling to pull me out of the bed.

"Okay, okay I'll go," I replied, frowning as I stopped resisting and got up. I got my things, going into the bathroom to wash up. I looked in the mirror, giving myself a small pep talk as I changed. I was nervous about going back to class after all that happened. I couldn't lose control, especially not today. My mind kept going back to Edward. I had to save him. No matter what. I took a deep breath, walking out of the bathroom. Star was waiting at the door with a bright smile on her face.

"Stop before I change my mind," I said, rolling my eyes at her enthusiasm.

She giggled before opening the door and walking out. I followed her out as we quickly walked together out of the room and past the sections. I ignored the eyes that were on us and focused on getting through the day without losing control. Noticing my tenseness, Star looped her eyes through mine for support. I smiled at her as I released the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Ignore them. They're all idiots."

"You're right," I agreed, winking at one of the boys who was gawking at us causing him to tear his eyes away from me immediately.

We made our way out to find the boys sitting in the Common, waiting for us.

"Going back to class?" Jeremy asked, surprised.

"Yeah, thanks to this one," I said, bumping Star with my arm.

She giggled, running up to Joel and throwing her arms around him in a hug. I smiled, turning to greet Tom.

"Hey."

"Are you sure you're ready to start again?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," I said, shrugging.

"If anyone gives you trouble, just let us know," added Jeremy.

"Yeah, we'll handle it," Joel said, flexing his arm muscles.

I laughed as we walked out the Wing. As we headed towards the staircase, I could feel eyes staring at us from every direction. I heard their whispers, felt their fear and their disgust. I felt my body heat up as I began to feel agitated. 

"Hey," Tom said, eying me. I nodded my head to assure him I was alright as I glued my eyes straight ahead avoiding his gaze.

"Since they're already staring, why not give them a show?" offered Star, winking at me before releasing her wings.

Deciding to take her offer, I smiled before jumping into the air and out stretching my wings. If there was anyone that wasn't staring before, they were now.

"Let's go," I called out to Tom and Jer as me, Star, and Joel flew up quickly past the staircase. It felt great being up in the air. I felt at peace and almost forgot the people staring at us. I closed my eyes, enjoying it while I let my wings guide me to the dim hallway that led to class. I landed softly at the top closely behind Joel and Star. We waited for a few seconds and Jer and Tom appeared, grinning. We walked through the hallway, me quicker than the rest due to my perfect vision.