Chapter XXII

"Hurry up guys," I called out desperately to the boys who were lagging behind us.

I started shaking, holding onto Star's arm so tightly I was sure I was going to break her. Zion had warned me to stay hidden and I allowed myself to be seen. I tried to calm myself, feeling his eyes following me. I breathed out a sigh of relief as we passed where he was standing and neared the wing.

I suddenly heard a whoosh as the man flitted before me, blocking my path.

He looked down at me, menacingly, confusion written in his eyes.

"Who are you?" he ordered.

"Sa-Saron," I answered, avoiding his gaze.

Puzzled, Star asked him, "Who are you?"

"I'm a representative of the Vampires," he answered, gaze locked on me. It took every bone in my body to keep myself from trembling before him. I yelled at myself to keep calm. He didn't know who I was. I could still walk away, unnoticed.

Eyes widening in realization, Star exclaimed, "YOU'RE ONE OF THE FIVE!"

She turned around to the boys who were slowly following, engrossed in their conversation, "Guys, I found one of the five!"

They ran over in excitement, bombarding him with questions as he maintained his cold gaze on me.

Ignoring them, he asked me again, "Who are you, child?"

"I'm a first year Angel," I replied, nervously.

Losing interest, he relaxed his gaze before saying, "Odd, I thought..."

Turning towards the boys he flashed a smile before saying, "Train well, boys."

He disappeared as quickly as he had come, leaving us standing in front of our wing.

"That's so cool," Jeremy yelled.

"We actually MET one of the five," Joel yelled excitedly, grabbing Tom.

I walked in, feeling sick to my stomach as I rushed towards the bathroom.

Star yelled after me, "Saron?"

"Bathroom, I'll be back," I managed to squeak before disappearing into one of the bathrooms.

I ran inside, locking the door before collapsing on one of the private bathrooms, dropping my head in my hands. I began to hyperventilate, my heartbeat was racing. How could I have been so careless? Remembering his face once I told him I was a first year, the way he had lost interest I tried to convince myself I was safe, steadying my breathing. The truth was, I knew it was a lie. I wasn't safe. It was only a matter of time before they found out who I was. I pulled out my phone, typing quickly to Zion.

We need to meet

He began to type a few seconds later.

On my way

I shoved my phone in my pocket, leaving the bathroom. I walked quickly back towards my friends. Star, Tom, Joel, and Jeremy were plopped on the couch immersed in conversation. I cleared my throat to alert them of my return.

"Hey, you're back," Saron said smiling, patting down to a spot on the couch beside her.

"I'll be back. I'm going to meet Zion."

"Oh..." she said, winking at me. "Okay, have fun! Text me if you need me!"

I waved bye at the boys before striding out the door to find Zion waiting for me.

"Do you know where we can g-"

Before I could finish my sentence, he grabbed my hand whisking me away to a large room I had never seen before. It was dead silent, letting me know that we were far away from any nearby students.