Chapter XXIV

"No, never met him before," I answered.

"Weird."

"What was he looking for in my things?"

"I have no idea."

"Well, I'm going to get changed and go to bed," I announced.

"Me too!" she agreed, yawning

I strided into my walk in closet, got changed and stepped out. Before I shut it, I felt the urge to go back inside. I stepped back inside and started to hear whispering. I closed the closet door, leaving me inside alone to better listen. I began touching everything in the closet until I touched one drawer. As soon as I touched it, the whispering got louder, entreating me to open it. Curious, I opened the drawer, closing my eyes to focus.

An image became clear in my mind. I saw his tall, lanky figure walk over to my closet, stepping in. His blood, red eyes scanned over my clothes while he poked and prodded through my things, searching desperately for something. He pulled open the drawer I had just opened myself, pulling out my favorite sweatshirt. He brought it up to his nostrils, inhaling it in before placing it back inside, the way he had found it. He calmly, strolled out of my closet, exiting the room.

My eyes flew open. Confusion radiated throughout my body. What was that? What was he searching for? How was I able to see that? I opened the door, walking out of the closet before shutting it behind me. I hopped into bed, hugging my body close to me. I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.

I groaned as I heard Star's alarm blare, signaling the start of the new week. I sluggishly sat up, throwing my pillow at Star who hadn't budged.

"Okay, okay! I got it," she mumbled, reaching over to stop the alarm.

Thankful for the silence, I got up and began to get dressed for class, throwing on the first pair of pants and a sweater I found in my closet. I threw on my white blazer, heading for the bathroom to wash up quickly. I got back to find Star at the door, waiting. We departed arm in arm, finding the boys waiting for us in the Common.

I grinned from ear to ear at the sight of Tom standing there all healed up.

"Are you sure you're ready for class?" I asked him.

"He's fine," Joel answered for him, playfully shoving him. Tom chuckled while smiling at me to confirm he was alright.

"Let's go!" said Star, leading the way out.

We walked out together, heading towards the staircase, climbing up them quickly.

"Good luck on your battle today," said Joel, grinning at me and Star.

I groaned, forgetting that was today.

"We'll tell you about our win later," said Star confidently.

Me and Star took off towards Math, sulking the whole way there. That class made no sense at all. I was sure I'd fail when it came to exams. We got seated, waiting for our teacher to walk in. The clickety clack of her heels let us know she arrived. As usual I watched the clock for the entire hour until it was time to leave. Once we left, Star rushed off to her class and I went towards my own.

My phone dinged with a notification as I walked towards History.

Turn around

I spun around to find Tom smiling, behind me.

"Tom!" I exclaimed.

"When's your next class?"

"In an hour."