Chapter 40: The Third Boss

*SLASH* *SLASH* *SLASH* *SCHWING* *SLASH* *SLASH*

Sasamaru: "Oh, so like this?! I never thought to follow up my attacks with a sword skill like that!"

Y/N: "That's right, yeah. If you know your basic attacks won't be enough but the sword skill will finish it off then it's quite a useful maneuverer to pull off, but be careful not to leave yourself vulnerable during the cooldown period."

Keita: "Right, if we don't kill it with the sword skill then we'd be completely helpless to a counter attack!"

Ducker: "And that's not good."

Y/N: "Yeh, preferably you'd want to be at a point where you can kill a mob in a single damage phase, when I'm grinding I only target mobs that take 3 attacks or a sword skill to kill otherwise the time invested isn't worth the exp gained."

Sachi: "uhm- a-and you do that with a spear?"

Y/N: "Yep, I've only used spears since the start of the game, they haven't failed me yet."

Keita: "hmmm, both Sachi and Sasamaru use spears, they are worth their weight but I still think a sword and shield would help round out our team composition greatly. And with Sachi's temperament I think being able to hide behind a shield would be as good for her as it would be for us."

Y/N: "...hmmm"

Ducker: "Yeah! I use daggers so I could really do with someone to take the aggro to let me get in close and personal like!"

Sachi: ". . ."

Y/N: "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, if Sachi isn't comfortable with her new playstyle then it only puts the rest of the team at risk."

Sachi: "n-no, it's okay. I- have to pull my weight!"

Keita: "We don't plan to swap you cold turkey, but it'd be nice to have a working composition sooner rather than later"

Sachi: "r-right... okay."

[ NEW MESSAGE - SENDER: Argo ]

"

Hey U/N, hope you're not too busy with anything.

Turns out the two guilds are getting on each others coattails, they're planning to race each other to the boss in a few minutes to see who's the better guild or some nonsense.

I managed to convince the leaders to let a handful of players not affiliated with a guild join in as mediators if needed, unfortunately that rules out Agil and his guildmates but I can send you! Kirito and Asuna are also on their way with info on the boss from their questline.

Hope you can make it, sorry about all this!

P.S. It isn't a Spider Boss, it's an oversized Treant!

~ Argo

"

Keita: "Quite the face! Something come up?"

Y/N: "Some drama from the front-liners, they're competing with each other to see who's better better between them and now it's complicated me. I'm gonna have to cut this short- and I probably won't have any free time for a couple of days at least."

Sasamaru: "That's fine, you've helped us a ton already!"

Keita: "He's right, we'll probably stick on the Second Floor for a little bit longer but I'm sure we'll be more than ready for the Third Floor when the time comes!"

Y/N: "w-well I'm glad I could help-"

Keita: "-Indeed. But could I ask for one last thing before you go?"