Chapter 150: The Maid's Dilemma

It all happened so suddenly. All I could reasonably do was to allow myself to continue being shepherded into the private room at the back as was originally the plan after my friendly duel with Asuna. But I never could have expected that I would be so suddenly reunited with an old friend like this, and completely out of nowhere at that!

Rain: "Ooh! You guys have a private room back here? And look at all this space back here! I bet you guys have hosted some great parties back here huh! But has U/N attended any of them, I wonder? Teehee!"

Leafa: "Eh? I'm sorry, but who are you?"

Lisbeth: "Wait a sec... is that... Rain?!"

Rain: "Oh! And both new faces and old ones too! Heya guys! I hope you don't mind my crashing in unannounced like this. But when I saw Asuna and U/N heading into the back I knew I'd be left out in the cold if I didn't try say anything!"

Sinon: "...I'm guessing she's a friend of yours from the earlier Floors then, U/N?"

Y/N: "r–Right, that's right. Leafa, Sinon, this is Rain. She's a really skilled—uhh... master-at-arms, I guess? Have you settled on one weapon yet, Rain? Or are you still using a little bit of everything?"

Rain: "Oh? You remembered? Teehee! Well, would you be happy to hear that I still use a little bit of everything?"

Y/N: "Still?! Even after all this time?"

Kirito: "Heh. I guess that makes you pretty versatile though, right? If you're up for it then you'd probably be a great help in our Boss Raids, you're pretty skilled in all the different damage types after all— no matter the Boss' resistances you'll be able to use a weapon that's favourable against them."

Rain: "Mhm! That's right! It's been a while since I've been in an actual Boss Raid on a new Floor like you guys, but don't worry, I've not gotten rusty! I've been a part of the team that's been handling the respawned Bosses!"

Argo: "She's not lyin'. Rain here was definitely the MVP of the re-clearin' efforts. I take it then, seein' that yer here now an' all, that ya cleared the Floor 75 Boss now too?"

Rain: "You got it! Me and my team beat that creepy skeleton thing just a couple hours ago. Though, I'm the only one who decided to head on up to Floor 76 for the time being. The rest of the re-clearers decided to stay on the lower Floors for now. So I guess that means I'll need a new team to do the Floors up here... U/N, you'll be up for it... right?~"

Y/N: "Huh? Well, I guess I wouldn't mind... it's not like they'd be all that challenging at this point, even just the two of us."

Rain: "Oh, great! I'll be looking forward to that then, partner! ♪ Teehee!"

Philia: "...!"

Asuna: "Well, it's certainly great to have you back regardless, Rain. I believe we've still got several empty rooms on our floor for you to pick from here in the Inn that we reserved for all our friends. So let me know which one you want and I'll give you the key for it."