Chapter 54: The Seventh Floor Boss

*BEEP* *BEEP* - *BEEP* *BEEP* - *BEEP* *BEEP*

Ah, well that's the morning alarm, better start heading out then, I already prepared my equipment in advance so I'll quickly make a bite to eat and leave a serving for when Lisbeth wakes up.

Considering what I heard of Asuna's outburst last night I decided it would be best to leave earlier than normal in case she planned to stake me out, fortunately the alarm a player can set can be set to only be heard by the player that set it- I'd feel bad for waking up Lisbeth at 03:00 in the morning, especially because of how understanding she was about my intentions last night.

I guess because of our experience together in the First Floor Boss Room, where I was able to stand my ground against the boss and all those mobs whilst protecting her might have helped sway her to my side... regardless, I'm glad she didn't make this any more difficult- she certainly is the one in the best position to get in my way, being the only one with access to the room I sleep in. I was half worried that I'd wake up to find myself tied down to the bed or something!

*TIMESKIP*

With breakfast eaten and a serving left for Lisbeth I began to make my way towards the Labyrinth's entrance. Fortunately I had already mapped out the Labyrinth's interior, so I know exactly where I'm going and there should be no delays in that regard.

Walking through town so early in the morning was quite serene and relaxing, being the only player awake at this hour the atmosphere of the town was soothingly silent whilst the early morning wind gently blew throughout the town.

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

I was now within the Labyrinth, making my way through the corridors and chambers, killing any mobs along the path I was following, the fact that there were mobs at all was a good sign.

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

As if someone was up ahead, potentially planning to prevent me from entering the Boss Room alone, then there wouldn't be any mobs here at all... unless whoever it was that was up ahead was able to sneak past all these mobs, but I'm sure nobody would take that risk right? 

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

Especially as Argo did have a talking to them for me, I'm sure they were able to come to an accord... I just hope they respect her word just as much when I have to meet them face-to-face again later!

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

Ah, the Boss Room will be just around this corner

. . .

There it is... well... I guess I should head in and get this started right?

-=-

Thor the Annoying Troll, my tried and true method of hit-and-run will work well for this boss as it will randomly emits an aura around it's body that damages anything within 5m.

His main methods of attacks are punches and striking with his club for a large AoE attack in front of it.

Almost identical to that of the Crimson Troll I defeated yesterday, it should go similarly easy as long as I take my time and pay attention to it's tells. There are no other minions to worry about, it's just Thor and nothing else-

[NEW MESSAGE - SENDER: Lisbeth]

"

Hey U/N, you didn't even wait for me to send you off, rude! But I'll let you off because you left me a super tasty breakfast!

Hopefully I wasn't too late in sending this to you: Good Luck, I'm rooting for you even though I know you don't need it, I'm sure I'll see you later!

- Liz

"

I appreciate that she tried to wake up early enough to see me off, so I quickly send Lisbeth a reply thanking her, and promising I'd be back in time for dinner before I make my way inside the Boss Room.

*CREEEEEEEEEEEEEAK*

There he is, Thor the Annoying Troll... no time like the present I guess!

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

So far so good at least!

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

I'm doing a surprisingly good amount of damage to Thor too!

*TIMESKIP* 

He's down to the halfway point of his last health bar now, at this rate I should be done within a couple of minutes.

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

Kirito didn't mention any last stand with this boss, and the Crimson Troll didn't have one.

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

Plus both the intel from Kizmel and Argo confirmed the same.

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

Just a couple more attacks and it will be over.

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

This has been pretty damn easy-

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

-honestly, I'm more scared of what my friends will have to say after this than I am of this boss!

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

But that begs the question...

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

With how easy this fight was... could I head straight for the next Boss?

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

Killing stuff along the way of course, maybe I'll do my usual mapping as well for Argo's sake.

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *backstep*

Regardless, this is the end for you Thor!

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *STAB*

*SHATTER!*

[CONGRATULATIONS: Last-Hit Bonus: U/N!]

Y/N: "Seven floors down, 93 more to go!"

<909 words, this is a little shorter than my usual word-count target but I don't have quite as much time as I'd like to spend working on this chapter tonight and I am happy with its ending- plus the last chapter was quite bulky to make up for it! >