Chapter 141: Cutting the Slack

Asuna: "Alright everyone! We've been doing this long enough now that I'm sure we all know the drill, even if it's been a while since the last time! But just to reiterate the tactics against this boss..."

I suppose Asuna isn't all too off the mark on this. It really has been quite a while since we as a group did one of these Boss Raids on one of Aincrad's main Floors. At least for me I've been fighting all those Hollow Area bosses with Philia relatively recently, so I'm not all too rusty with the experience. Honestly? I could probably solo this boss without too much issue, considering just how much higher my level is than this Floor would have expected of me, plus my spear has been refined recently by Lisbeth, and it's honestly quite likely to be the strongest weapon here in this group of people today.

I'd also managed to unlock some seemingly exclusive skills that can only be unlocked through the Hollow Area – or at least that's what my conversations with Argo have lead me to believe, well... all except that skill...

Leafa: "Ahhh! I'm so excited! I can barely stay standing still! Hee-hee!"

Y/N: "Ahaha, so I can see! Just uh– just make sure not to tire yourself out before we get into the boss room, okay? I'm going to be relying on you to watch my back after all!"

Leafa: "Come of it now! You don't need me, not really. After all, you've almost always gone into these solo, haven't you?"

Y/N: "Oh, but it's different this time, because I have a partner for this one! I've changed my equipment and skillset specifically to cater for the fact that I've someone in my party now."

Leafa: "EH!? wh–Why would you do that?! Doesn't that mean you're not running your strongest setup? Isn't that like super risky?!"

Y/N: "Hmm... Well, actually I'd say that this loadout I'm running now is way stronger than my usual setup, but it's definitely not suitable for solo gameplay, so I've never really had a reason to run it until today."

Leafa: "I see... You really are a pro at all this, aren't you! Were you like a pro gamer or something back in the real world?"

Y/N: "Ah, well, I wouldn't go that far, I suppose... But I suppose I've been playing games for a good long part of my life, so I guess it comes from that? But doesn't everybody like to buildcraft? Even just to a simple degree, I'm sure most everyone has a favourite Sword Skill or two they like to use, or they have a particular way that they attack with their weapon. And when you're given the opportunity, you'll always choose the equipment or abilities that improve those tendencies... right?"

Leafa: "Uhh... sure...? I don't really get it but—"

Kirito: "That's totally it! Aha! The more I overhear of you the more I know that you and I are totally alike U/N!"