Chapter 146: Re: Hollow Freedom

Immediately upon teleporting back into the Hollow Area's Administration Area, the first thing I noticed was that Philia was laying asleep on one of the futons. I've no idea which of the two futons it was that she was on though, seeing as how she was currently sleeping on one... and the other was all bundled up in her arms... like an impromptu body pillow. She didn't seem to be sleeping too heavily, though, as it seemed that the sound of me teleporting in had stirred her awake.

Philia: "mmMMmback so soon?" *yawn*

Y/N: "Back so soon...? But I thought I was gone for ages! But at least you got some decent beauty sleep in the meantime, no?"

Philia: "Annnnnnd? Did it work?"

Y/N: "Uhm... did what work?"

Philia: "My beauty sleep, duh! Am I more beautiful now, hm? Hm?! You called it that, not me! Go on, tell me what you think!"

She said this as she was still laying down soundly on her futon, although she had since relinquished her embrace with my own futon as a body pillow to cling to, instead electing to use one of the pillows to cutely cuddle with as she posed for my a...

She said this as she was still laying down soundly on her futon, although she had since relinquished her embrace with my own futon as a body pillow to cling to, instead electing to use one of the pillows to cutely cuddle with as she posed for my appraisal. But all I could really think of right now was how this will be the last time that Philia would have to sleep on the floor in this place. And of how, after all the dust has settled today, she will be able to retire to a room of her own, reserved for by Asuna and paid by myself, and she will then be able to sleep in a proper bed— with all the amenities that she has been missing out on, like a table to eat at and a place to bathe off all the dirt of the day's questing, amongst other things that us in Aincrad had been taking for granted.

Of course, she was still waiting for an answer from me. So, to try and brighten the mood somewhat in preparation for the heavy work we were about to get stuck into, I thought I'd try an innocent little joke that would hopefully help me avoid anything too committed!

Y/N: "Well... I guess you're not any uglier than you were before!"

Philia: "HEY! RUDE!!"

Y/N: "I uh... I mean... This is a virtual world, right? Unless you deliberately go out of your way to change your appearance with an item or something, you'll look identical to how you did the day before... right?"

Philia: "Hmph... Here's a little bit of insider knowledge for you, U/N, because I'm such a generous friend and all... When a girl asks if you think she looks good, just say that she does. I promise you she'll appreciate it!"

Y/N: "I... I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the... uh, for the advice."

Philia: "Hehe! You're welcome! Of course, I'll be expecting some sort of repayment on that in some way~"

Y/N: "Oh? Sure, I guess I can do that. You want to head back to Aincrad with me later, right?"

Philia: "Hey! No fair! You can't use that as your bargaining piece! That's totally evil! Hehe!"