Chapter 70: Shrove

<A/N: Completely unrelated note to this book, but I finally got around to watching Avengers: Endgame whilst I was writing this... damn what an end that was! >

It's been almost a week since I invited Silica over for cheesecake that first time, she's been around quite a bit since. She seems a lot more like her self again now, apparently the other players have learnt to accept that Pina is not a threat to them but now people are trying to recruit Silica and Pina to their parties- not for any real reason... but because they want her as a mascot.

I guess that had gotten to her, and she needed someone she trusted to talk to, I'm honoured to be that person for her, and I've had the time to spare considering that I'm still waiting on Asuna and Kirito to finish off that Elf War Quest and open up the Labyrinth.

. . .

But Silica isn't the only one with depressing grievances... every night, screaming. I hear their screaming. Those players I killed back then in that Boss Room- well, do they even deserve to be thought of as players? They killed people and they were proud of it...

 But then... what about me? I chose to kill them, sure I believe it's for the safety of everyone else that the active threats are dealt with... but should I be allowed to be the judge, jury and executioner for these player-killers?

. . .

Silica had just left from one of her daily visits about an hour ago, it was fun and my cheesecake baking skill seems to be innately better... is baking a cheesecake the right term?

I've been looking into other sweet confectionaries I could try making, I have a couple of ideas but lately I've kinda had a hankering for a parfait so maybe I'll put that at the top of my list of things to try my hand at.

There are some fruits available on the lower floors that I could do with a stock-up if I wanted to add them to my attempts... might as well head down for those now

*TIMESKIP*

I was currently roaming the Wavering Mists on the Third Floor, I had managed to get a fair collection of Mistfruits, this was a fruit quite similar to the Bananas of the real world- I haven't managed to find any recipes that really brought out the flavour in these but perhaps these parfaits will? If not I can always just try for a Banana Split!

??? #1: "W- WAIT!"

??? #2: "SOMEBODY H- HELP!!"

I can't go a damn day without something happening can I?! Probably just a couple of players who underestimated the Wolves... like Lisbeth's party... better help now before it gets too bad!

??? #1: "IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT, THEN DO IT ALREADY!"

Do it? Do what?! Don't do anything foolish, I'm on my way!

??? #2: "S-SANYA! W- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

??? #1: "I'm not going to let my last minutes be of fear to these ruffians!"

Sanya? I know that name don't I? And that other voice, who is that? And who calls Wolves ruffians? I'm almost there, just around these trees!

... what?!

 what?!