Chapter 144: Summary Feast

Silica: "Y/N! Is Philia all right?!"

Y/N: "Yeah, she's fine. I saved Philia, and I... yeah, she's fine now. She's safe."

That was way too close, I almost immediately announced that I had dealt with PoH, a Red Player, specifically to the one person I didn't want to ever know about that side of me... or of that side of my 'adventures' in Aincrad and the Hollow Area.

Yui: "Thank goodness you were in time... I made sure Papa was really fast so that you wouldn't have to wait too long for him and Mama!"

Asuna: "Yeah... It definitely helped. The three of us... Working together. Right, U/N?"

Y/N: "y–yeah... haha... ha."

Lisbeth: "Hmm... Sounds like that wasn't how it went down in there at all, hmm!"

Kirito: "Well, all's well that ends well, right? It doesn't matter how it was done if nothing went wrong, right?"

Asuna: "I guess..."

Lisbeth: "But didn't you round us all up for U/N to tell us something, Asuna? You don't really look all too happy, though, so it's not just about Philia being safe now... is it?"

Y/N: "Well, the thing is

Y/N: "Well, the thing is... there's actually another problem..."

It was at this point that I started to explain to everybody here just what it was that PoH had put into motion. Of his scheduling an update with the controls in the Hollow Area Administration Area, an update of which would invert the way the system currently works: converting the fake Hollow AI players to be considered the true players of Aincrad– and in doing so, this would overwrite and delete the actual players that had a matching ID to that of the Hollow players.

Yui: "The update overwriting the data..."

Asuna: "Is that possible, Yui? I mean, the Guild Leader's not even around anymore... Can that really still happen?"

Yui: "From what U/N's told me, it doesn't seem impossible. It's actually possible for data that's been tested in the Hollow Area to be implemented in Aincrad. Things like that have already happened, with some bosses in Aincrad getting an updated loot table, and skills that U/N unlocked in the Hollow Area still being effective whilst in Aincrad, as U/N has confirmed with me previously. Right, U/N?"

Y/N: "That's right, yeah. A couple of NM Bosses have gotten updated loot drops to them because of things that I did in the Hollow Area. And my passive skills I earned in a similar manner still work here in Aincrad."

Kirito: "Huh, maybe I should spend some more time over there..."

Yui: "Of course, there should be a limited that makes sure the data isn't changed any more than necessary, but it's possible that's not in operation. Now, this is just speculation, but I think that if this update were implemented, it would be really dangerous."