15. Night chats

REMUS' POV

It was a very long day. Sirius didn't speak a lot today, since he had this argument with Zoe. I understand he's mad at her, but it's not a reason to ignore her for such a long time. I can feel that she's sorry and that she wants to explain herself more calmly. I talked to Sirius about it. But he doesn't want to hear anything. He's very stubborn. They both are. Maybe he needs more time to think things through, I hope it will be done tomorrow. We shouldn't go against eachothers, not in these dark times when we need to be together.

It's about 1 am. I can feel none of them is sleeping. I don't know what the others are thinking about but maybe talking and saying some useless thing could make them think about something else, so I speak up.

" Guys ? "

I hear three " Hmm " at the same time.

" My dad bought me a book about marine animals, plants and all, and I've read a bit about it today... "

" You always read, " mumbles Peter.

" Anyways, I've read that if corals get stressed, they die. So if I was a coral, I reckon I would be dead by now. "

There's a moment of thiking silence before James breaks it.

" What do corals even get stressed about ? "

" Maybe current events," answers Peter with the most serious tone he could take by answering with a pun.

" Oh yes... I think you're right Pete. They might come in waves after all."

" I seaaa," adds Sirius.

There's a silence again before we all laugh.

" How did you know we were awake by the way Rey ? "

" Wolfish senses, I can feel it's not the way you breath when you sleep. "

" Oh. "

There's a silence before it's Sirius' turn to speak up.

" Hey guys, if I'd punch myself and it hurts, would I be weak or strong ? "
" Strong, " answers James.
" Weak," says Peter.
" Remus ?" asks Sirius.
" An idiot is what you are," I answer with a smirk.

He throws his pillow at my face.

" Thanks Love, I needed a second one anyways. "
" Hey ! No ! It's mine ! Give it back ! "
" You wish. "
" Jaaaaaames, Remus doesn't give my pillow back. "

I can feel his eyes rolling of annoyance from the other side of the dorm.

" Accio pillow, " says Peter's voice.

I feel the pillow slipping from my grasp. Peter gives the pillow to James who gives it back to Sirius.

" Three against one ! That's not fair !"
" Such is life, Love."

Instead of answering to him, I ask to the three of them :

" Do you guys want to talk about why you couldn't sleep ? "

" I thought your wolfish senses were sooo developped, can't you say what we were overthiking about ? "

" I have wolfish senses. I am not a mind-reader. "

There's a short silence. They don't know if they want to talk about it.

" It's about Zoe, I am mad at her."

" I know you are, but shouldn't you talk about it with her instead of ignoring her ?"

" No."

" Sirius, you have to talk to her ! " says James.