11. Why is it always the same people in the beds of this hospital wing ?

REMUS' POV

When I open my eyes, I am in the hospital wing. As expected, I don't remember anything from the night. I have a few bruises, cuts and bites here and there. It hurts but it's fine. I mean I've been through worse inguries than that. I turn my head slightly to see if anyone's here and I am surprised to see Mary. A good surprise, of course ! Mary is a very nice person.

" Hey ! Welcome back to us, she says smiling and coming over at me sitting in a chair just next to me."

I smile at her, she has a contagious one.

"Could you tell me what time is it ?"
"Um... about 6 in the morning, " I suppose.
"You're already up ? "
" Well Lily was veeeery worried about this full-moon so she woke me up to check out the hospital wing."
" And where is she ? "

I see the hesitation in her eyes, looking down. My heart skips a beat. What have I done ? I straighten up a little on the bed but she pulls me back gently.

" Madam Pomfrey said you have to stay in bed from now. "
" Please Mary tell me what I've done."

She frowns.

" You don't have to worry, Dumbledore said he'll be fine."
" Mary. Who ? "

She bites her inferior lip because of the nervosity before answering.

" Sirius. "
" WHAT ?"

She puts a hand over my mouth to keep me silence as other people sleep in the hospital wing. I already feel my eyes burning. She puts me in her arms and explains to me what happened. The whole story. I decide that I won't interrupt her, it's for the best I think.

" Um... You've bitte him, Remus."

No. No I can't have done that. Tears are falling down my cheeks and stops on Mary's shoulder while I am sobbing.

" But he'll be fine. He was in his animagus form. "
" Doesn't... doesn't it work the...same ?" I ask between two sobs.
" No it doesn't Remus. His DNA changes when he transforms into a dog. And the venin doesn't work on an animal DNA, as a dog can't change into a wolf during a full-moon. He is just going to apply a balm and drink potions Pomfrey made with the help of a St Mungo's medwitch."

My heart skips another beat.

" The medwitch, does she know that there's a werewolf in Hogwarts ?"
" No, Dumbledore told her that it was just incase something would happen or something like that in a complicate way no one ever understands," she says with a little laugh.

There's a little silence as she hugs me.

" I am a monster Mary..."

She pulls me back, both her hands on my shoulders.

"You're not a monster Rey."
" I am a goddamn werewolf and I've bitten my boyfriend. How am I not a monster ? "
"You didn't bite your boyfriend, the wolf did."
" What if he stops loving and trusting me after what I did ?"
" The wolf's mind took over yours Remus, it's not your fault. It's actually not fair that such a sweet boy has to go through this every month. And about Sirius, he's never going to stop loving you Remus. I can assure you that. "

I sigh and she hugs me again. She's such a sweet person. Like a cinnamon roll. I don't know what I've done to deserve such amazing people in my life.

" Is Lily with Sirius ? "
" Yep."
" Can you... can you switch or something so I can know how he is, please ? "

She nods and stands up.

"Mary wait ! "

She turns to me.