2. Friendship

LILY'S POV

James Fleamont Potter is Head Boy. I can't believe it. Did Dumbledore hit his head or something ?

We enter the compartment of the Prefects for a meeting with the Prefects of every houses to explain them how it works. I look at my left to see him, he is smirking. That horrible, arrogant smirk. His badge shining on his chest. He is so proud of himself and he is going to show off again about being The Head Boy of Hogwarts.

Remus was Prefect before, why Dumbledore would change it ? Anyways, I have to behave and stay calm or he is going to tease me.

                      JAMES' POV

When I got the letter from Dumbledore, I sent one to each ones of the lads. Remus wouldn't believe it, he wanted to come home to see it with his own eyes. His eyes widened with surprise and disbelief. It was so funny to see it ! I wanted to take a picture of his reaction.

Now, I am alongside Evans. She got even more beautiful over the summer. Her hair is a little bit longer and it seems that her eyes are even greener if possible. Well right now there are little darker, she is mad I got named Head Boy I guess.
I don't mind really. If I'd told her that I will do my best with my Head Boy's duties, she won't believe me but I will. I truly will so everyone will see that I am not just an arrogant toerag.

We enter and start to explain the Prefects what their duties for today and the next days are under Evans' doubtful look.

                MARLENE'S POV

Lily and James just came back from their meeting with The Prefects.

" I still can't believe you are The Head Boy ! You are so... "
" So what? " asks James smirking.
" Immature, arrogant and you come up with all these pranks. "
"What?! Me ?? But I am the most innocent person walking on the grounds of Hogwarts ! ", He says looking falsely offended.
" Yeah right and I am The Queen ! "
" Your Majesty ! " says James, bending down.

She rolls her eyes trying hard not to smile. We all laugh at this scene. I love when there's this happy atmosphere.

Before they came back, we played a game. We sat in a circle and the person at your left had to pick up a bean for you. As Remus was at Zoe's left, his wolfish senses helped him to smell the most disgusting tastes there was in the little box. She is mad at him right now, pouting in the corner, but she won't be for long. She forgives quickly the people she loves.

Speaking of people you love, I miss Dorcas. I miss her so much. Of course I knew that, when we became girlfriends two years ago, that she wouldn't be with me during my seventh year as she is one year older than all of us. She wants to be a midwitch. I know she will make it. She is really smart and knows everything that she needs to know.
But now that she's gone, I know that she won't be as safe as she was during her years at Hogwarts. Dumbledore's protection is not with her anymore. I am so scared something happens to her.

I look down while thinking, I always do. When I look up, I see Julia looking at me raising an eyebrow with questions and worry in her eyes. She says something to Peter before coming to me.

" What's wrong ? "

I try my best to smile and I shrug.

" Nothing, don't worry ! "
" It's Dorcas, isn't it ? "

Sometimes I wonder if she is not a legilimens. I sigh.

" I miss her and I am just so worried that something will happen to her. "
" She said she'd write to you, right ? "
" Yeah, she said at least once a week. I understand she will be busy with her studies. "
" See ? As long as you get letters from her, you know that everything is fine ! "
" And what if I don't get letters for more than a week ? "

She stays silent, thinking before speaking. Something I should do as well.

" Let's not think about that, alright ? From now on, everything is fine and that's all that matters. "

She leans in to hug me, I hug her back. I am so glad to have such a good listener as a friend.

Zoe looks at us. She doesn't ask questions, she just comes to us and joins the hug. And so does everyone. Lily, Peter, James, Remus and even Sirius after hesitating. He's still not used to this much affection ( except from Remus of course ). I think we need it. We need this little break out off time, out off the war starting. Because that's a fact, a war against one of the darkest wizard who ever existed is starting.
We are just teenagers and we need these moments of peace, frienship and love. These moments to breathe, to take our minds off of the stress.
I am feeling so good in this giant hug. We stay like that for a few minutes. And then, little by little they leave the hug. When everyone left the hug, there's a silence when everyone is sitting on different benches. But it's not a weird silence. It's a peaceful and comfortable one. I wish this moment could last forever but then, Lily reminds us quietly and shyly to get dressed because we are almost there.
Almost home.