21. Potion class

LILY'S POV

Today is Friday and we start with Potion class. I am paired with Severus since first year. It was nice before because he was my friend... but now he has hurt me way too much and as Marlene told me, I can't give him a thousandth chance. So, since last year, since he called me the M-word, we just make brew potion without really talking. He tries to apologise sometimes but I am not listening. There are borders and he has crossed them more than once and it's enough now. I think he understands now because he lets me. So as usual, today we sit together. But then he grips my wirst.

" Let. Go. "

He ignores my order.

"Look at me Lily. I am so sorry. For everything. Give me a second chance. Please."

" I gave you a thousand of chances. And above all, you called me the worst slur you could ever, ever use. Let. My wrist. Go. Now."

"What can I do to make myself up to you ? I'll do anything to gain your friendship again."

I look around and see Sirius and Remus sitting together. Remus pulling Sirius down by his sleeve. Severus has to let go or it's going to go very very badly. James is glaring in our direction and Peter is talking to him.

"Let my wrist go. Classes are going to start."

"Answer me Lily !"

I can't deal with it anymore. I raise up my hand, the other one, for Slughorn to come over.

"Miss Evans, Mister Snape ! " he exclaims grinning. "What can I do for you ?"

" I would like to change partners, Professor."

"I am afraid it won't be possible Miss Evans."

"How's so ? "

"Well, every pairs are already done. No one's alone."

"Maybe... maybe someone could come pair up with me ? You can't put two very talented students together. I could help someone, right ?" I ask innocently.

" Alright... alright then. Mister Snape, you're going to pair up with Mister Potter. Mister Pettigrew, would you come over here please ? "

Ah shit. This is not good. I glance at Potter. His eyes widens with surprise and then, he glances at me. We're just looking at eachother like that for a few seconds. And it's like we don't need to talk to understand each other right at the moment. He's not mad at me, and it's a relieve really. When I turn back to Severus, I see his teeth grintting. He's really pissed off... He looks at me before standing up to go sit next to Potter while Peter is doing the same. Once Slughorn is gone, Peter whispers to me :

"What happened ?"

" He wouldn't let my wrist go. Begging me to forgive him. Am I bad for not doing so ? "

" Oh God, Lily ! You're not bad at all ! He is bad. He doesn't respect you. He's a dick, really. "

"I feel bad for Potter, though."

" Don't, he's going to be fine."

"I hope so..."

He puts his hand on my shoulder to give me comfort. I am glad Slughorn paired me up with Peter and not with some random person.

After Potion, I pack up my bag to follow the others to our next class when Slughorn calls me. I turn to him.

" Miss Evans ! Can I have a word with you ? It's not going to be long, I won't keep you from going to your next class," he says smiling at me.