9. Ravenclaw's tries-out

MARLENE'S POV

I wake up and check my watch. It's five in the morning, the try-outs are in four hours and I am so freaking  excited that I cannot stay in bed any longer. I get up and shake Julia and Zoe up. They both mumble something like " Bugger off ".
I smile and start to get ready before really waking them up.
I am already putting on my Quidditch robes and tie my hair into a ponytail so it won't distracted me while playing.

I remember the first time I tried-out in fourth year. It wasn't my hair that distracted me but Dorcas in the bleachers. She was assisting at the try-outs because she was a bit bored and woke up earlier than she expected to anyways. She wore her hair down on her shoulders and was wearing a grey skirt and a red sweater as it was cold in the morning. She was very pretty and her hair was flying in the wind. How was I supposed to focus on what was happening on the pitch ?
It almost cost me my position as a chaser, but I got it after all.

Once I am ready, I get back in the dorm and see that the two fell asleep.
I shake them up again. 

" What do you want Marlene ?" asks Julia in a sleepy voice.
" It's the try-outs of the Quidditch team ! You know the one you're Captain of ? "
" Oh fuck... What time is it ? "
" It must be twenty past five or something. "
" You're kidding ? The try-outs are at nine !! I did it on purpose so I can have more than four hours of sleep."
"I know, " I say with a smirk.

I see Zoe's form moving in her bed.
I walk to her. I know that when Zoe wakes up in the morning, no matter what time it is, she can't go back to sleep. It's a problem sometimes.

" Can't go back to sleep I see ?" I tease her.
" Bugger off Marlene. "

She gets up and walks out of her bed to get ready as well. After thirty minutes she comes back from the bathroom. She looks in a better mood that she was.

" Found something out to be positive about by being awake at five ? "
" Yep, I get to eat earlier, she says with a little still sleepy smile. Hey can you braid my hair into two braids Marly, please ?"

We go to the common room to do it so we can talk without waking the sloth up. Zoe takes one of her vinyls and her record player with her. She plays " Don't worry baby " by the beach boys.

" Did you have another nightmare about Dorcas ?" She asks.
" Nope and I am relieved. "
" You'd tell me if you would, right ? "
" Of course Zoe, of course. Hey are you nervous about the try-outs ? "
" It's unexpected but I am not stressed at all. As Peter said, I've got nothing to lose. "
" Would you be mad at Julia if she picks me and not you ?"
"She is definitly going to pick you, you're the best ! And I won't be mad at her because I understand that making these kind of decisions is hard. "

I smile and keep braiding her hair while " Don't worry baby " ends.

                     JULIA'S POV

The try-outs went well. I got my team and I am confident about it. I was surprised of how good Zoe is. It's not that I didn't believe in her, it's just that I never saw her playing before so it's a bit surprising. She is going to make an amazing beater and I can't wait to see the faces of the first team we're going to compete against when they see how good she is. I picked her to play as a beater, the other is a fourth year named Aiden Logan. For the chasers, I chose Marlene ( of course ) as well as Travis Chang ( fifth year ) and Nora Montoya ( a second year ). The keeper is Chris Peterson, a sixth year.

I can't wait to tell the news to the Gryffindors.

                    PETER'S POV

I understand Zoe now, they won't tell us who Julia chose. Something to drive me mad. I asks Zoe if she made it for the team. She says she won't tell me but she smirks. I am sure she made it but I have no idea for which position. I look at Lily, it seems like she wants to know as much as I do. I look at her and she glances at me with The I-Want-To-Know-Damn-It Look. I give her a Me-Too one, when Julia comes in and we all look at her expectantly.

" What ? "
" Who did you choose?" I ask.
" You did the same thing they did to you, didn't you Zoe ? "she asks smirking.

She is so pretty when she's smirking proud of herself like that.
She sits down very calmly, very slowly so the suspense is still in the air.

" So ? "
" Wait I am going to put some food in my plate, I am starving you understand. "

She spends three whole minutes doing so.

" You're so annoying Lupin, just tell us !" exclaims James.
"Let me pour some pumpkin juice in my glass first Potter," she says very calmly.

She takes a bite of poached eggs.

" So, I picked Peterson for keeper."

She eats another bite.

" Chang, Montoya and Marls of course for chasers. And... Logan for beater as well as... Zoe," she says smiling.
" Wait. Zoe's a beater ?" asks James.
"Why is there a ton of surprise ? "
"Is it because she's a girl ?" asks Alice defensivly.
"No ! Of course not ! It's because, I mean, you've never played Quidditch before so how do you know how to do that ? It's pretty hard."
" I like playing baseball a lot and I am pretty g-"
" What's Baseball ?" asks James and Sirius interrupting her at the same time.
" Bloody Hell," I hear Remus whispering and Lily rolls her eyes.
"You really don't know what Baseball is ? "

They shake their heads, so Zoe gives them an explanation. After a few minutes of it and some questions, Sirius finally says.

" Hey ! We're going to compete against eachothers as beaters ! "
" I'll kick your ass Black ! "
" I doubt so Mckinnon," he says smirking.
" We'll see about that," Zoe says smirking as well.

What a good way to start the day.

_

I really liked writing this chapter :)

It's a joyful one and it feels good !

Also, thank you SO much for 300 reads on my fic. I can't get over it, it's just crazy. Thank you again <3