12. Honeydukes & " revisions "

PETER'S POV 

I feel like we spend our days studying, doing homework or revising for our NEWTS this year. I am glad we take the evenings for ourseleves to breath a little. Anyways, it's Saturday morning and everyone is heading in the library. I forgot my Transfigurafion book and that's why I am heading to the dorm instead. To my surprise, I see Remus sitting on the window sil. He's eating a Honeyduke chocolate bar, a sad look on his face, his eyes dazing. Then, I remember a story Remus told us in first year.

When they were young, Lyall and Hope Lupin, Remus' parents, started to create recipes of chocolate bars and started a small business with it. And then years after years the chocolate bars became more and more viral. So they hired staff to help them. The Lupin's best friend was the first one to be involved. They kept the same recipes over the years and they were liked more and more by more people every year. They were called " The Lupin's Chocolate Bars " and Remus wanted to ( and did) go to the little factory to help with his little hands as soon as he could walk and eat the delicious chocolate bars, of course. Hope used to give him chocolate bars for his birthdays as well as other presents, even if Lyall said that " He is too young to eat that much of chocolate Honey. "
But when he was four and his mom got killed by Fenrir Greyback and when he got bitten by the same werewolf, Lyall wasn't motivated by the chocolate bars after the death of his wife. That's how he started politics.
But the staff didn't let the factory down. They kept producing chocolate bars but after Lyall's demand, they changed the name.

That's how, when it was Remus' first birthday at Hogwarts and James bought him two Honeyduke that Rey tasted his mom's chocolate bars for the first time since he was four. Indeed Mister Lupin refused to buy Honeyducks chocolate bars for a reason but never told Remus why. It's when he tasted it that he guessed and asked his father further explanations by owl, so now he and we know the whole story.
The Lupin's best friend was Ambrosius Flume and named the chocolate bars after the nickname Lyall used to call his wife.

"Hey mate, you're alright?" I ask sitting down beside him.
"I guess so... "he answers looking down at his chocolate bar.
" You can talk to me, you know ? I am always here. "
" Yeah I know Pete, I know, he says with a sad smile. It's just that now it has been 13 years since my mom died."

He still doesn't look at me, he stares very hard at his chocolate bar instead. I understand what he's thinking about.

" Oi ! It's not your fault Remus ! "

" But if I wasn't outside and my mom didn't have to bring me back home," she might would've been alive.

" You were four, Rey !! "

" Still."

" No no no no no, not still. You were only four and you lost your mom, and it's just terrible. It's Greyback's fault. "

He finally looks up at me, with watery eyes.

" I miss her Peter... "

" I know, I know," I say putting him into a hug.

We stay like that for a few minutes, him sobbing, me patting his back.

" Thank you Peter," he says pulling back.

" Anytime mate," I say getting up," you don't have to come if you're not in the mood to, you know ? "

"I am coming, I need to study, it's gonna take my mind off of this. Just... don't tell Sirius I cried please, he's gonna be mad at Greyback and will have murdering pulsions if you do," he says with a little smile.
"Don't worry, what happened stays here. "
" Thanks again, and if you need me for anything, I am here as well. "

We smile at each others before heading to the library.

It has been two hours since we're studying, I am already bored. I look up from my book to look around when my glance stops on Julia. She's reading a book and writing notes on a parchement beside her, nibbling the top of her feather. She's stroking a strand of her blond hair and biting her inferior lip as she's thinking very hard about something. She looks up at the ceiling with her green eyes. I've never seen such eyes before. She's just adorable and so beautiful. Really beautiful. And so smart, strong, caring, funny,... Damn it, I really do like her a lot. Zoe interrupts my thoughts by nudging me. I look at her and she's grinning a knowing smile.

" When are you gonna tell her ?" she whispers.
" Tell her what ? "
" You know very well what."
" There's no way I am going to tell her I fancy her," I whisper in the lowest voice possible.

She smirks.

" Oh shit. "
" So you admit it ? "

I sigh, she knows anyway. She always knows or guesses everything, it's annoying sometimes. There's no point at hiding it, from her at least.

" Yes. I mean, I've just admitted to myself. "
" You have to tell her ! "
" It's not a good time, and also we're best friend and I don't want to ruin that. "
" YOU WON'T !" she says a little too loud which costs a glare from Madam Pince." You won't, she repeats more quietly, I mean I see the way you two look at eachothers.'
" You're making things up, Zoe. "
" She doesn't !" retorts Lily who's sitting just next to her. "Yes I was eavesdropping, sorry. But she's right Peter, you know. "

That's great, now two people knows.

" I won't tell her anything unless I am sure you're right. "
" Seriously?! " grumbles Lily.

Sirius who's sitting next to Remus who's sitting next to me, makes his chair rocking, even with one arm in a  bandage, to look at us.

" You're talking about me ? "

I bang my forehead on the desk in desperation which causes Sirius to look puzzled by my reaction and it causes Zoe to burst into a laughter.

" Miss Mckinnon! This is my last warning ! If I have to make another one, you won't step another foot into this library," threatens Madam Pince sharply.
" It was the last time Madam," she promises trying her best to keep her face straight.

And without any warning, she grabs my wrist and walks out of the library, taking me away with her. This discussion is not about to be over...

_

So this was basically a very Peter chapter :D

I am dedicating this to Plum iovelupin because she's the one who made me like young Peter.

Anyways, hope you liked this chapter, I had a lot of fun writing the second part !

byebye and thank you for reading my fic, it means a lot <3

edit : THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 400 READS OMG THAT'S HUGE !!!