7. Sirius' brother and Transfiguration class.

MARLENE'S POV

It's Tuesday, Sirius spent half of Sunday in the hospital wing. We didn't get the opportunity to talk to Professor Mcgonagall yet. We are all sitting in the library because even if it only has been a few days since the classes started again, the teachers already gave us a lot of homework and things to study.

James and Sirius by a table on my left, Peter, Remus and Lily by another on my right. I am sitting with Julia and Mary as Zoe is looking for a book 10 meters or so from us. I see a boy approaching her, a Slytherin with short black curly hair. I see Sirius standing up abruptly and glaring at him. I only see the boy's back but I guess it's Regulus by Sirius' reaction. I look at James, he whispers something to Sirius and pull the edge of his sleeve down for him to sit down. He does, still glaring at his brother.

                     ZOE'S POV

I hear footsteps behind me. I am not turning back to the person, they certainly just need a book in this section. So I go back at looking for the Astronomy book I need when I hear the person clearing their throat. I turn to face the person in question, it's Regulus Black. He seems a bit shy so I speak first.

-"What do you want ? "

I sound ruder than I intended too but I don't have the time to say it in a lighter way because he answers immediately.

" Um... I am sorry if I bother you, I'll go. "

And he starts to leave. I never heard anyone saying something very nice about him because Sirius and the other marauders don't say a lot of good things about him. They are the only people I am hanging out with whom bring him up in the conversation, and it's rare. That's why I haven't made up my mind about him yet.

" Wait ! I am sorry I sounded rude, I didn't mean too. What do you want?" I say more calmly

He turns back and seems a bit more at eased but not completely yet.

" I didn't get the chance to congratulate you for kicking Avery's asses in The Great Hall," he says with a little smirk.
" Thanks, but aren't you supposed to be on their side ? "

He shrugs before giving me a shy smile and wishing me a nice day, and then leaving. I raise an eyebrow feeling odd about this weird and very short conversation.
I immediately feel a hand on my shoulder, when I turn to see who's here this time, I see Sirius' face. I can't say what expression he has because it's a mixture of a lot of them.

" What did he wanted ? "
" Just congratulating me for kicking Avery's asses. "
" Is that all he asked you ?" he sounds surprised.
" Surprisingly yes."
" You are absolutely sure ? And he wasn't rude at all. "
" No, he was actually very polite. "
" Weird. "
" What ? You imagined your brother is some kind of very rude person ? "
" I thought he was only polite to Slytherins. "
" Well, apparently not. "

Sirius seems very confused, like his brother would be the biggest bully ever.

" Alright then, but if he hurts you or anything, you tell me right ? "
" Don't worry," I say with a comforting smile.

                     SIRIUS' POV

I was a bit scared when Reg approached Zoe because since I ran off from Grimmauld Place this summer to go to the Potters', Regulus is even colder with me than he used to since I got sorted into Gryffindor. Mother and Father don't talk to me and I guess they ordered him to do the same as I am a " blood-traitor ". I have this protective instinct when it comes to my friends and I was scared that Mother and Father would've told Regulus to hurt people I love. You never know, they are psychopaths.

I would never admit it but I miss the time when Regulus and I were best friends. He was my first friend in the place we called home. He made life lighter there. I miss that but I don't think I can ever trust him anymore. Our parents are most likely turning him into a Death Eater. I blame myself for it, he wouldn't have to go through all this shit if I would've done it myself, but at the same I could never work for Moldy Voldy. I hate myself for putting this weight on my little brother's shoulders.

When I come back to my seat by James, he asks me with a raised eyebrow what happened and I just shrug.

                     LILY'S POV

We have Transfiguration class today. We planned to bring up the Dolohov-Crucio-Sirius thing at the end of class when everyone of the other houses left. So we did. Professor Mcgonagall seems worried.

" I believe you of course but you cannot give me any proof of what Mister Dolohov did, so I am very sorry but I can't help a lot. "
" Sirius has been sent to the hospital wing Professor," says Peter.
" Isn't that a proof ?" asks Remus.
" I am afraid not, any other defensive or assailant spell could have been cast on Mister Black that deserves a little journey at Madam Pomfrey's. "
" It's not fair ! "  exclaims Zoe.
" So, you're saying he won't be punished for casting an Unforgivable Curse? "
" Unfortunately no, Miss Evans."

She really looks sorry. Even if she doesn't show her emotions a lot, I know she cares a great deal about us and it certainly hurts her to not being able to do anything. Remus takes Sirius' hand automaticly, like he wants to protect him from any Unforgivable Curse or any spell or curse at all.

" Avery will get a detention though, right ? We have the proof that he attacked me and insulted as well as threaded my friends and I."
" Yep, we got the proof," adds Marlene taking the voice recorder from her pocket.

We made her listening to the record and she agreed on giving Avery another detention. Alone this time. At least a little bit of justice made.

" Now off you go, most of you have Potions class with Professor Slughorn if I am right. "

_

this chapter is so bad hahaha i am so sorry, i promise you the next one is better