10. The first full-moon

REMUS' POV

We are in the morning of the 27th September. Tonight's the full moon. It's Tuesday, I wish it was the week-end so I could lie-in and study in my bed instead of going to classes. My muscles are all sore and I can't move without wincing. The full-moon is getting worse and worse every month. I am trying to not always show this pain though, I don't want to worry my friends.

I try to get up but I can't so I am just waiting for the others to do. Sirius is the first to do so. He comes at me.

"You're okay ? "
" Could be better," I answer with a little forced smile.

Second attempt to get up without anyone's help so they can see I am fine. But I really can't. I go back to the lying position.

" It's going to be a bad moon, isn't it ?"
" Yep, I do think so."

I see worry in his eyes.

"Don't worry Love, I'll be fine."

I say that but I doubt about it every month because it single one.

" Do you want me to go bring you some breakfast ? I know you can't stand the smells anymore"
" I am not hungry Pads."
"You have to eat Moons."
"Just bring me an egg then."
"You really expect me to only bring you one fucking egg for breakfast ? "

"You two sound like an old married couple, just shut up," I hear Peter's sleepy voice saying.
"You have to get up anyways Pete," Sirius says uncovering Peter.
"Bugger off."

And like that he falls asleep again. We're going to be late for classes. Again. You can add that I can't walk very fast because of my furry little problem ( as James likes to call it).

" You know what ? Bring me whatever food you want. "
" I win," he says with a smirk.
" Yeah if you like to believe so.'

And like that, he heads to The Great Hall.
Ok now, third attempt to get up and get dressed. Getting up is really the worse, walking is okay I guess, but getting up ? Oh god.
I wince and let a squeack escaping my mouth. It wakes both Peter and James up this time.

" Want some help Moony ?" asks James.
" I really don't want to bother you guys."
" Come on ! It's not trouble."

They help me to get up. It takes a whole three minutes.

" Thanks lads."
" Anytime mate."
" Where's Sirius? "
"Getting me breakfast."

The day went very slowly until the afternoon when I had to go to the Shrieking Shack and wait for the lads to come.
Now they're here, we're talking until the moon shows up and they transform into their animagui forms. I feel the muscles and bones inside me transforming as well. This is the most painful transformation I've ever lived. And now, everything's black as the wolf's mind takes over mine.

                     LILY'S POV

I am doing the rounds alone tonight. It's kind of silent as Potter is not here to do it with me. I am worried about the marauders. Rey told me it's going be a bad moon. I can't wait to see them in the morning so I can be sure everything went fine.

Potter and I made sure that if I saw someone who asks me where he is, I am going to answer that we shared the parts of the castle to do the rounds so it can go faster.
The rounds with him are actually nicer than I thought it would. The first ones were a bit awkward though, but we started to talk more and more. About Quidditch, classes, our families and our friends. It really is nice. And he's a nice guy too. I don't know why he always has to show off in public.

I guess, maybe he's insecure about something and that's the way he found to overcome it.

I think I'll do the rounds for a few more minutes and then head back to my dorm. I am not sure I'll be able to sleep very well though. I am worried sick about the boys.

                     ZOE'S POV

It must be around 23:00, I am in The Library. I am reading a book about magical creatures I started a few hours ago, it's very interesting. My little sister Diana would be astonished that unicorns exist. I can actually picture the expression on her face.

Anyways, if I get caught by Filch, I'll be in a bit of troubles as I am " a student out of bed ". I am smirking at the thought, hearing Filch's voice being so happy that he caught a student. When suddenly, I hear a noice. My heart skips a beat, already trying to find an excuse for why I am here. But as I look up, it's not a Professor or Filch but Regulus Black. I am a bit relieved but not completely yet. It's going to be the second time I talk to him.

" What are you doing here?" I ask.
" Good evening to you too Mckinnon, I am going to read as we're in a library," he answers with a little smirk.

He takes a book in a shelf and comes to me

" May I ?" he asks pointing the chair in front of me.

I am about to answer something a bit rude but then my mom's words come into my mind " If you don't really know someone and this person never harmed you, be kind. " So instead I answer " Sure. "

" No really, what are you doing here ?'
" I already told you, reading."
"Yeah but like, you're a bookworm ? "
" Why ? Can't a Slytherin be a bookworm ?" he asks letting a smirk cross his face.
" Yeah sure but- "
" But ? The Slytherins don't seem the type ?"
" You must admit that Avery and Dolohov don't look like the bookworm type."
" You got a point. "

There's a little silent as we read a few pages of our books.

" How come I don't see you here more often?"
" Why ? Would you like to ? "
" Just answer, I sigh rolling my eyes.'
" Well, I don't know really. I rather go to the libray at nights I guess. It's more quiet. "
" It's already quiet with Miss Pince telling people to shush all the time. "
"But Miss Pince telling us to shush all the time makes noice. "
" I guess you're right. "
"I saw you jumping when I entered in the library. Who did you think it was ? "
" Filch, and I do not fancy another detention."
" What would you have said if it was him ?"
" I don't know, he likes giving detentions so I guess he would've given me one anyways no matter what I'd say."
" He would give you a detention to any of us just for breathing at the wrong second, he says laughing quietly."

And just like that, until one in the morning we spent two hours reading ( a lot ), talking about books and making stupid jokes. It was nice but now that I get to my dorm, the worry that something could happen to the boys, comes back to my mind.

                    JULIA'S POV

It's one in the morning and I can't sleep. I am worried sick something could happen to the boys. I know Remus would never hurt someone on purpose, I mean, come on he folds his socks.
But I am worried the wolf will take over his mind completely tonight. If something happens to one of them, he is going to be mad at himself and he's never going to forgive himself.

Also, Zoe is still not back from the Library. What the fuck is she doing ?
Just by thinking about it, the door of the dorm opens.

" What were you doing?" I whisper to not wake Marlene up.

She jumps a little. I think she didn't expect any of us to be awake.

" I told you, reading," she whispers back." Why are you still awake ?" she asks sitting beside me on my bed.
" I am worried about the boys."
"Yeah me too... Reading was kind of a way to escape from my thoughts but now they're back."

We stay like that in silence for a few minutes.

" Maybe we're worried sick for nothing? "
" Yeah maybe they're just fine."

She goes back to her bed but none of us is convinced "they're just fine". I mean- it's us and only one bad thing happened this month and it's not normal. I really have the feeling something wrong is happening. Not something really bad though. Something we'll overcome...
I'll try to sleep so the morning will come faster and I'll know if they are safe.