3. The Sorting Hat and Head Boy's duties

JULIA'S POV

We are sitting in The Great Hall. The Marauders and Lily, Alice and Mary at the Gryffindor's table, Marlene, Zoe and I at the Ravenclaw's.

We are waiting for the first years to come in.
It's so weird to think that this is their first day here and our last year, our last days in this school.
Marlene is sitting besides me and Zoe is in front of us

" You're feeling better ? " I ask Marlene
" Yeah, I guess so. "

Zoe seems to hesitate.

" What was it about ? "
" Dorcas... " answers Marlene
" I am sorry but she's gonna be fine, okay? "
" I want to believe you, trust me. "
" We are here if you want to talk, you know that right ? "

She nods and it's at this moment that the doors of The Great Hall open for the firsties to come in.

                    REMUS' POV

Last time we see The Sorting Hat singing his song and sorting out the first years. I am really going to pay attention to this one. Sirius and James are talking or debating rather about Quidditch. The Sorting Hat's time of the year is about to begin. I nudge Sirius on the arm and kick James' feet under the table to make them shush.

" Ouch Moons ! " exclaims Sirius.
" I want to listen to what The Sorting Hat has to say this year without hearing two gits. Besides James, maybe you should pay attention to the firsties' names, as The Head Boy of Hogwarts you better know them," I say with a smirk.
" Wonder why you didn't get picked for Head Boy," says Sirius.
" I thought it would be the Ravenclaw boy over there, " I say pointing at him.
" Yeah he could have been one. "

There's a silent while we listen to The Hat's song. It talks about loyalty, frienship, love and how we must stay united. When the first one of the first years is called ( Kimberly Rosales who's sorted in Hufflepuff ), James speaks up which made me jump a little as I was focused on what was going on in the front of The Halll. Sirius sees it and smirks.

"Can you believe Evans accused me of cheating somehow to get this badge !! "
" She is not the only one," Sirius and I answer at the same time.
" Pfff. "

He crosses his arms on his chest and pouts.

" What a great Head Boy behaviour ! " I snort.
" You know I can make a good one ! " 
" Yeah yeah we know James," says Peter.
" You don't mean what you say," replies James back in pouting again.
" I do mean it. "
" You don't. "
" Do. "
" Not. "
" Do. "
" Not. "
" Do. "
" Not."
" Oh shut up! Look James, I mean what I am going to say. You can make a good Head Boy if you pour your heart in it. If you are motivated to do it. We all know that when you are motivated or passionate, you really can do anything. So I just think that Lily might be right and wrong at the same time. "

Just at this moment the Gryffindor table claps their hands as The Sorting Hat shouted " GRYFFINDOR ! ". We turn on our sits to see who's the new one. It's a boy with short black curly hair and nuts eyed colour. He looks a bit shy and stressed. His shoulders are a bit up because of it, he struggles to relax. Thinking about what I've just said, James jumps off his seat to welcome him at the table. They talk a bit and I see the boy relaxing the more they speak together. James comes back and I look at him with The Told You Look.

" So what's his name, " asks Peter.
" Oliver Castaneda, he seems like a nice boy really ! I think I made him feel better, he looked so nervous! "
" He was and you did," I confirm.
" How would you know that? "
" I am using my eyes and my senses," I answer with a wink.

                     SIRIUS' POV

The Sorting Hat has just finished to sort everyone into their houses. There are three girls and three boys in Slytherins, two girls and three boys in Hufflepuff and four girls and two boy in Ravenclaw.
In Gryffindor table, there are five boys and two girls. Oliver Castaneda, William O'Connor ( a curly blond hair boy ), Daniel Mcintyre ( thin black hair ), Oskar Haney ( brown hair and green/blue eyes ) and Ethan Fuentes ( red hair ) for the boys.
Chloe Mitchell ( black hair with a brown skin ) and Sophia Diaz ( red hair and blue eyes) for the girls.
I think they've spoken in the train because it seems like they already know eachothers.
It makes me think of the lads and our first year here. I look at them and smile as the food pops on the table in beautiful plates. The firsties seem impressed, eyes widening.

" Remember when we were like this, all innocent and impressed by litteraly everything in here ? " I ask.
" Yes, " answers Remus with nostalgia in his eyes.
" Hey ! It's going to be a fine year, alright Moons ? "

I hold his hand in mine.

" I am here, we're all here for you alright ? " I whisper," and you won't be alone for the full moon, it's going to be fine. We are going to help you not to bite yourself and you know it."

He nods. I give him a gentle kiss on the cheek before we keep eating.

                     LILY'S POV

I think James might take his Head Boy's duties seriously, after seeing him talking to Oliver and making him feel better. I might've underestimate him after all. He might be a better person than I think he is. Maybe the " showing-off " part of his personality is a mask or something. Maybe he is not as confident as he claims to be. I don't know what to think about James Potter anymore.

Alice interrupts my thoughts.

" Oi Lily ! Are you listening to me or what ? "
" What ?! Oh no, sorry. I was just thinking. "
" About what ? "

I don't know if I should tell her that I was thinking about Potter. She would freak out. I mean, she really wants us to get together since he asked me out once. Mary and Alice are both looking at me with wide eyes.

" Or maybe it's about who ?" Mary asks with a smirk.
" Okay you win, I was thinking about the fact that Potter made improvements in being The Head Boy by talking to the firsties that's all "

They are grinning, apparently thinking about the same thing.

" What now ? "
" Oh nothing, " absolutely nothing, they answer at the same time still grinning.

I decide to drop it and talk about something else instead. Alice talks about Frank who is, as Dorcas, one year older than us. It has been about five years since they got together and they are really cute. I think they're going to end up together.