Chapter 15: Little stories #1

Art by me!

————————————

Another day. Another dream perhaps. Well, everyone would have thought it was a dream, if there wasn't a whole mess of wind outside for no reason. Hat kid noticed this and hurriedly rushed from her room, downstairs past everyone, who were still questioning what the heck as going on and opened the front door.

She was meet with a giant gust of purple wind and darkness, that seemed to be forming a giant appearance of something. She stood in the doorway, watching the big wind make its finally breeze and disappear. Out stood a giant purple ghost-like creature. His big yellow eyes and mouth standing out from the rest of his purple as he laughed maniacally.

"FOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL!!" He yelled.

Hat kid happily waved as a little hi escaped her smiling mouth, catching the creature's attention.

"Ah Hat Kid! There you are! Looking chipper as always I see!"

He got down closer to here level. His wind and darkness finally disappeared, leaving only his purple ghost self. Hat kid rushed over and gave him a big hug, nuzzling in her cheek in his fur. He hugged her back and picked her up, holding her in his arms.

"How've been? I missed having my little kiddo around. Besides, it's been...kind of lonely without you."

Hat kid gave a proud thumbs up.

"Good? Well, I'm glad to hear that. And making friends are we?"

Hat kid nods.

The front door opened slowly, revealing Maddy, Spooky and Six.

"Oh Hat Kid that's where you weeeeerrrrrrrr.." Maddy's words trailed off as the door opened completely, seeing the giant purple figure holding her. All three of them looked up, stunned at the thing in front of them.

"Uhhh...Hat kid...is that your uh..dad??" Spooky asked with a hesitant guess.

"Adopted father." The giant ghost corrected.

"Oh..ok...." Spooky added almost shakily.

"Ahh and speaking of which, these are friends are they not?"

Hat kid nods.

"Have they been treating you with RESPECT?!" His tone at the end was serious and stern, but Hat kid smiled and nodded happily nonetheless.

"Well that's good. I sadly wouldn't be taking anymore souls today then, if that's the case." He said, looking at the smaller three. Spooky and Maddy tensed up at the thought, while Six just told there, blank and not really threatened.

"Um..Hat kid...we'll be inside waiting..just uh...take your time.." Spooky nervously added. She followed the other two into the house and closed the door.

"Annnnyyywwaaayyyss. Everything else been good?" Hat kid's dad asked, floating onto the front lawn, still holding his adoptive child.

Hat kid nodded once more and pointed at him after.

"What? Have I been good? Well I suppose so..same odd, same odd. People really like to get on my nerves at work. I mean, how do you expect me to let you pass to the other side of the country, if your id doesn't match your picture or your name isn't the same as your real name? Like what do I look like? Chopped liver?!"

Hat kid shrugged.

"And then there was this one fella, who though could get away from me and pass right through the gates. Initially, I popped his head clean off and took his soul before he can get away. That's what he gets for trying to mess with me. But you know, after all of that, I felt the urge to take a visit and see how your doing."