Chapter 42: Smarter Not Harder (Part 3)

⚠️QUICK NOTE, PLEASE READ⚠️!!!
Just to let you know, starting this chapter, I'm going to skip around A LOT with sections, because it's more or less going to be like how Chapter 2 was, except with Sal. I won't be going into much detail and I'm only going to include the parts where Sal is relevant and/ or the section is important.
I suggest playing or watching Deltarune Chapter 2 for a refresher since it's gonna be that (kind of, with a few changes here and there) but with Sal.

___________________

Berdly...
The calmed to be "smart" monster and a bully to Kris.
Out of all the people to be in The Dark World...

Why, Why him? Why is he here!?

Questions such as this that ran through Kris' head like wildfire. His shoulders tensed up and his legs were frozen to the spot.

Susie wasn't any less shocked herself. He most definitely wasn't invited to the party, let alone invited to visit Kris, so how did he end up here!?

"BERDLY!? How the HELL is BERDLY here!? And you just HAD to ask him to be on your team!?"
Susie exclaimed, clearly confused by the bird suddenly presences.

Queen on the other hand, replied with
"I Did Not Ask Him I Did Not Ask Him I Did Not Ask Him"

The blue bird smirked at Susie.
"That's LORD Berdly to you simpletons!! And soon... SUPER Lord Berdly!"

"... the hell does that mean?"

"I Have No Damn Clue Just Go With It"
Queen said, not really caring about the details as she sat further in her big chair.

Berdly was more than happy to explain. He cleared his throat.

"You see, thanks to our WONDROUS Queen... WE will soon RULE the WORLD! And turn this Land of Fools... into a Smartopia. A true Scientocracy, where the Geniuses of the world can bathe freely in pools of fresh fruit and ambrosia."
His voice gave a sense of hope for his own "brilliant" upcoming plans.

"No longer held back by protozoans like YOU! And the key to that? Is US. Noelle and I.
Our power... The "Light Nerd's" power.."

Ralsei raised an eyebrow.
"You mean... "Lightners?"

"Um, NO. Queen said "Light Nerds."
Berdly persisted.

Queen laughs, the screen on her face showing the word: "TRUE"
"I Actually Did" She said, matter-a-factly.

"Berdly, Queen's just manipulating you!!"
Ralsei exclaimed, attempting to warn the bird in hopes that the Prince's words would reach him. However, Berdly only laughed.

"Heh... that's what she SAID you'd say to me!"
Queen laughs again, the screen on her face showing the word: "TRUE"
"I Actually Did"

Susie huffed, wanting to break this back and forth nonsense.

"YOU DIDN'T ANSWER ME BEFORE! HOW THE HELL DID YOU EVEN GET HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!?"