Chapter 11: Old memories

Art by me!

————————————

The morning started to finally rise after it's long slumber. The indies however, were still sleeping soundly in their own 'beds'.

Well expect for one.

Kris just so happened to wake up first. It wasn't his forte to wake up early, but for some reason he did today. His eyes opened slowly, examining the dimly lit room that was every so slightly getting brighter by the morning sun. Thank goodness for curtains though. As he turned his head, he saw Mae sleeping on the other side of the room, snoring kind of loudly here and there. Kris wishes he was her right now. She looked so peaceful.

But instead, he got up from his bed and quietly searched through his suitcase for his sketchbook and pencil. Once he retrieved them, Kris quietly crept out of the room and  started heading downstairs to the living room.

His plan was to go sit on the couch and draw for a bit before everyone else woke up. Kris walked down the long hall as he passed a few rooms, where he assumed some of the indies were sleeping in. He was never a sociable type, however, he felt rather interested getting to know everyone more. That of course, was going to be hard with his shy personality and his stuttering.

When Kris finally came upon the living room, he timidly sat himself on the couch and began to draw.

He didn't really know what to draw at first, so he just let his hands do the work for now.

A few sketches later and Kris had ended up concluding on who he really wanted to draw. It was a cartoon character who's hair was big and pink, like cotton candy. She wore a lot of pink with white tights and pink tinker bell shoes. On her bellybutton, was a pink gem and her face expressed a graceful and beautiful look.

Kris loved this character. He found her very interesting, but also fun and unique. Kris stopped to admire his work so far. A small smile appeared on his face. For once, Kris felt kinda proud about his drawings.

"YOU CAN DRAW TOO??!!"

Kris jumped, nearly falling off the couch; he didn't expect anyone to be here so early.
He turned to see that a very cartoony character with horns was starting at his work with starry eyes.

"U-um y-yeah?" Kris answered nervously, not knowing what to say.

"Wait right here!" Bendy assured him and ran out of the room. Kris just sat there, wondering what the heck just happened. However, the demon came back in a flash with a big sketchbook and pencil case. He looked so excited as he placed his items next to Kris.

"Can I draw with ya, please" the cartoon pleaded.

"..O-ok.."

He sat his art materials next to Kris. Bendy walked into front of him and stuck out his hand.

"By the way, name's Bendy!" He smiled cheerfully.

"Kris.." The boy replied, reluctantly taking his hand.

A rush of emotions flooded the boy's body, as soon as he grabbed it. A memory appeared in his mind...

"H u m a n..d o n ' t  y o u  k n o w  t o  g r e e t  a  n e w  p a l?  T u r n  a r o u n d  and  s h a k e  m y  h a n d...

Heh heh heh. The old whoopie cushion in the hand trick. It's always funny."

Kris felt his chest go heavy from the old memory. He continued to hold Bendy's hand, not realizing that he began to grip it tighter, not wanting to let go.