Chapter 31: Think you got what it takes? (Part 1)

Quick note, this chapter has two parts and that's it!

Now I hope you're ready..to get freaky on this Friday night ;))

Art by me!

——————————————

The end of the week is here. Friday. And the group was in the living room discussing where they would all want to go for dinner. For some reason, Flowey was the only one who didn't want to join in on the conversation, so he stayed in his/Monika's room.

"Maybe we should go to Denny's?" Sal suggested.

"I'm not really in the mood for breakfast food." Cuphead replied. "They have more than breakfast food Cups." His brother confirmed.

"Maybe Outback?" Madotsuki suggested next. "Hmmm I'm really not sure.." Bendy thought out loud.

"How about McDonald's?!" Mae exclaimed. "M-Mae that's a fast food p-place." Kris reminded. "But why not though?!"

"I can't even eat to begin with." Freddy commented. "I somehow can eat and I'm—uh.." Spooky immediately stopped herself from speaking any further. Freddy turned his head and looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

"Ok. What does everyone feel like eating for the most part?" The neighbor spoke up and asked. Everyone pondered on that question for a brief moment. "Hmmm...a burger?" Monika suggested. And surprisingly, everyone felt the same way.

"Alright then. So where would you all like to go where there's burgers?" The neighbor asked. "I think we should just look around instead, because I think if we continue to sit here, we're not gonna have any dinner." Spooky recommend. Everyone else agreed to that plan.

"I-I'll get Flowey. I-I'll be right back." Kris told everyone before running off and sliding gracefully into the hallway where the flower's room with his socks. He was about to knock on the door, when he heard.....singing??

Kris quietly left a crack of the door open to hear none other than Flowey singing. He was singing one of the songs he sung the other day, while Kris was playing the piano for the background music. It was a song from Steven Universe, obviously, and from the lyrics Flowey was singing, Kris knew what song he was singing. "Escapism."

"I guess I'll face,
That in this awful place,
I shouldn't show a trace, of doubt...

But pulled against the grain,
I feel, a little pain,
That I would rather do without..

I'd rather be..
Free..free...
I'd rather be..
Free..free..

Free..free..
From here..."

Kris smiled from ear to ear at the flower's performance. He couldn't help but clap as soon as he finished the song, making the flower immediately snap his attention to the doorway where Kris was. Flowey's face became redder than a tomato or a cherry. And if it wasn't Kris who had found him like that, that person would have been dead by now.

Flowey averted his eyes away from the door, hiding his flushed face. Kris walked over to him and picked the flowerpot that was on the desk, sitting next to Flowey's flowerbed with it.

"T-That was awesome Flowey." Kris smiled warmly. Flowey only growled, not sparing even a glance at his human friend. "You sound amazing, e-even if you're not with me." Flowey just growled briefly again, making Kris chuckle to himself.