Chapter 5: The (Not so) Mysterious Girl

Art by me!
————————————

FREDDY'S POV:

Night time came faster than anyone was expecting. We've all gone into our rooms and settled down for night. I've wouldn't done the same, if a certain roommate of mine would have followed along with everyone else.

He's been up working at his desk for about 3 hours now, with only the light of his little lamp to help him see what he was doing. I, on the other hand, couldn't sleep, not because of the light, but because I knew I couldn't leave him to work all night. Everyone needs sleep after all, even cartoons.

I stood by the wall, closing my eyes for a few minutes, thinking that maybe by then, he would finally call it a night. But my hunch was incorrect of course. I opened my eyes to see him appear more tired than before.

My blue eyes glowed in the darkness as I stared at the smaller cartoon with concernment.

"Bendy, get some sleep" I finally say.

"Your not my dad Fred" he said tiredly.

"Yeah, but you look tired"

"Don't worry, I'm fine" His tone started to sound more drowsy, but he didn't stop what he was doing at all.

I sighed and closed my eyes again, trying the same tactic I did early, hoping, this time, it would work. A few more seconds went by and I heard a 'THUD'.

I opened my eyes and saw Bendy, knocked out with his face on his drawing desk. He was still holding his pen that was slowly slipping from his hands. I sighed once more, moving from my spot to reached Bendy's desk area. I switched off the light, took his pen from his hand and placed it on the desk. I then carried him to his bed and covered him with his blankets. As I was doing so, I saw him smile in his sleep. I chuckled quiet enough for him to not hear me.

"Still a Kid" I say to myself.

I headed back to my spot by the wall and shutted down for the night.

^^^^^^^^^^

My eyes opened slowly, rebooting myself awake to start a new day. Looking over at Bendy's bed, I saw that he wasn't there. I headed out of the room, walking downstairs and towards the kitchen to find Bendy making coffee for himself. He looked so tired and sluggish, at least he had some sleep.

"Good morning" I greeted.

"Morning" he greeted me back in a tired state.

He walked over to the nearest chair and sat down, placing his mug on the table in front of him. I joined him, taking the seat next to him.

Bendy blew on his coffee, before taking a sip. I still don't know how he drinks with his mouth closed. Cartoon logic I guess?

The demon placed the coffee mug back on the table, keeping it gripped in his hands, unable to look away from his coffee. He sighed heavily.

"You ok?" I asked.

"My brain hurts" he stated.

"Probably from all that drawing"

"Heh. That and...other stuff.."

My brows furrow.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Nah. I'm good" Bendy sipped a bit more of his coffee.

"Well..maybe you should get out of the house for a bit and take a walk or even take the bus and just ride around for a bit until you cleared your mind" I suggested.