CHAPTER 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE. Please read !

Hi Everyone!  First I wanna say thank you so much for your read. This is my first Wattpad story, and I'm thrilled that you've chosen to read it. I know it doesn't look like much at the moment, but I've been working on this story on my own for awhile, so trust that I will be CONSISTENT in uploading.

Secondly, this book is a mature book with mature topics. I think most of you can guess what I'm talking about. In addition to sexual scenes, this story revolves around a crime. I'll be sure to include trigger warnings when necessary.

And last but not least, everything that happens in this story is 100% FICTIONAL. All the characters, and events are made up. Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

I, in no way shape or form give permission for this book to be reproduced in any way. Do not plagiarize! It's ugly, and illegal.

Also, things pick up pretty quickly. I know it can be hard to get into a new story, so please be patient. I put a lot of work into this book and I think I did a pretty good job. My writing, and the plot gets so much better as things progress. This is currently a very rough draft and hasn't been edited so I apologize in advance for any grammatical/spelling errors. Thanks again for reading.
Much Love,
Adoringscripts.
....
Elle's  POV
"How much is this one?" I ask, running my fingers along the smooth edge of a shiny pink music box. It was gorgeous in a way that it's glow doesn't falter under the harsh thrift store lighting. The petite pink shade compliments my aura greatly. I'm not leaving without it.

"This thing? Oh it's not for sale." Mike, the owner of the store disappoints me by saying. "I just took it out to clean."

"Oh." I frown, sadly. In just a matter of seconds I had already become attached to the glittery object. Guess I'll just have to browse Amazon hoping I find a music box identical to that one.  I made it almost a daily habit to visit Mike's thrift store after school. It was only a few blocks away from my school, and one of the very few things that brought me comfort. More specifically, brought me comfort after what happened to Esme.

Esme Melendez, a fellow classmate of mine was brutally murdered last year at the bitter age of seventeen. This tragedy sent shockwaves all throughout our small town of Rosewilton...mainly because the person responsible for this hasn't been caught. Our once openly blooming community now never stayed out past sun down, and kept as distant from one another as possible. Police and forensic experts filled the neighborhood, always on a constant search for the murderer. I watched the place I grew up in transform into somewhere ugly and toxic. Things took a toll on me for a while. It was a constant struggle to push back the anxiety I felt, but I had no other choice. I had dreams to focus on...like Columbia.

Columbia University had been my dream school ever since I was a freshman. It was a disappointment to my two Princeton University graduate parents, but luckily my older sister Audrey happily continued the legacy. For them, that was more than enough.

Audrey was the golden child of our family. They loved me, of course but were always looking for ways to make me more like her. I'm used to it, so it's really whatever at this point. Now that I'm a senior, I'm determined to make my dreams a reality. I'm in love with the idea of living in New York City. I live in a small suburb about thirty minutes away, but somehow that's not enough. I crave the feeling of living amongst all the action.

I've always been the type to stay in solitude. I kept every conflict, secret, and feeling to myself. I don't know why, but obviously it prompted very lonely feelings throughout my teen years. In a city that holds millions of people, I'll never feel the way again. I'm eighteen years old, and have the world in the palm of my hand.