CHAPTER 25

Elle's POV
The sound of my alarm clock ringing assaults my eardrums, as I open my eyes to a ray of sunlight beaming upon me. Monday.

Holiday break has come to a conclusion, and it's safe to say that it was quite memorable. Why? Because of him.  It's still a shock how things turned out between Christian and I, but I really can't complain. I'm genuinely so happy, the happiest I've ever been. I've spent countless nights wide awake, in my own thoughts about how my attachment to him will play out in the future.

The thing is, aside from the obvious, one of the main components of my feelings is how much him appreciating me has made me appreciate myself. He gives me praise, and assures me when I'm doubtful. It's all those little things that make me fall so much harder. I just hope us being back at school, in our regular routine doesn't change anything. These past weeks have been a dream.

It was a brand new year, and I'm excited to see what it brings. After a few more moments of stillness, I hop out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. As usual, I make a list of everything I need to get done by the end of the school day while I shower. Columbia will be sending out their decisions to all the early applicants soon, another thing to look out for. The stressful half of senior year was over, leaving room for the fun parts.

Audrey gifted me a beige sweater dress for Christmas, so I decide to throw that on, complemented by black thigh high boots...my favorite. Today's the first school day of the new year, and I'm determined to have a clean start. In order to do that, I have to look the part too.

After curling my hair, and applying light make up my phone rings, letting me know that Christian is outside. The bubbly feeling inside me is inevitable, and I try not to skip to his car. I missed him, even though we spent all of New Year's Eve and day together.

I open the passenger side door and slip inside.

"Morning gorgeous."

My face flushes, despite the fact that he calls me gorgeous every chance he has. It will never get old.

"Good morning." I lean in and plant a quick kiss on his lips. That's another thing that will never get old. I love how we casually act like we've been dating for months, even though we're not even official.

"I know you didn't eat, so I got you breakfast." He points to a bag on the dashboard, and a cup of coffee in the cupholder. I smile at his thoughtfulness, not even realizing that I'd skipped breakfast. I was too amped up.

"Thank you." I pick up the coffee, and take a few sips. I'm not really hungry, but I know I will be once we arrive. "I've scheduled my road test for next week, so I'll be out of your hair soon."

"What?" He pouts, and looks at me briefly. "That's not fair."

I giggle. "You're the main person who was on my ass about not having a license."

"I change my mind, don't conform to the license trend. Be original." He tries to say those nonsensical words with a straight face, but I see his dimples itching to pop out. I laugh.

"Don't worry, I failed twice already, so my expectations are low."

He smirks. "That makes me feel better."

We arrived at Wilburton, and I'm pleased to feel Christian's hand intertwine with mine as we walk inside. It's no surprise to everyone that we're together...that news was broken when he almost beat the shit out of Hunter at Lake George.

"Elle!" A pair of giddy arms wrap around me, almost making me lose my balance. It was Camila. I immediately hug her back. Every year her family spends the Holidays in Florida, so we didn't really get to hang out at all.