CHAPTER 50

A/N

Hey guys. Double update today! All I have to say is, be ready.

Elle's POV

"So let me get this straight..." Camila crosses her arms, steadying herself against the bright red lockers. "You and Christian got back together..." she points at me, and then quickly moves her finger to point at Xavier who stands only a couple feet away. "And you're my replacement? I'm never getting the flu again, cause clearly I miss too much."

After my very romantic weekend, I almost forgot about the mountains of responsibilities I've so comfortably learned to neglect. Homework...exams...not to mention my new buddy Xavier. We're friends now, but I still promised to help him get his shit together. Since I actually care about him now, it seems like less of a chore.

Luckily Christian finds no discomfort in me doing so. Once I explained that Xavier is the one who convinced me to talk to him the night we got back together, he eased up. Well... 'eased up' is somewhat of a stretch. All he did was clarify that he knows Xavier is not a threat to our relationship, but will gladly break his jaw if that somehow ends up not being the case.

For me, that's enough progress.

"Yes and no." I reply, sporting an amused grin. "Me and Christian are back together, but Xavier did not replace you. I promise."

"Yeah, I could never replace you, sweet thang." Xavier chimes in cheekily, with a smirk, slinging his arm around Camila's shoulder. "If anything, think of us as a dynamic duo who helps Elle keep her shit together."

I choose to silently observe the odd interaction, and fight my urge to laugh when Camila tries to hide her smile behind a peeved expression.

"What do you think of that, Cami?" Xavier continues to tease, taking some of her hair and using it to tickle her face.

"I think...I have a boyfriend." She swats his hand away, failing to conceal that she's blushing like mad.

"Well...when you decide you want a new one, you know where to find me." He winks, clicking his tongue.

"Don't bet on that." Camila rolls her eyes, before quickly changing the subject. "Class starts in two minutes, so I'm out. Love you, Elle."

She salutes me, and Xavier trails behind her as she walks off, asking a whole bunch of playful 'what about me's.'

"Love you too." I answer, a little too late, between giggles.

It was pretty early in the morning, and my first class of the day is starting soon. Luckily my locker was right near the classroom, so I wasn't in a rush.

Christian and I drove separately to school today. We agreed that he would pick me up some days, so we can continue our morning ritual, but that couldn't happen today because he had to come to school a bit earlier. Something about a guidance counselor meeting to discuss his Caltech acceptance. I don't know all the details, but I know he'll be missing our first period math class, and I know that I miss him.

I really miss him. My inner clingy bitch is crying. I never thought I'd be the girl who misses her boyfriend after literally just speaking to him, but it's kind of hard not to when someone has such an impact on your happiness.

As I enter my calc class, I'm not surprised to see a room full of students with no teacher. Mr. Vacelli has been running late quite often these days. I have no complaints though. The longer he's late, the less time we spend on work.

I take a seat in my usual spot, and as I'm sitting down, minding my business a voice speaks out to me.

"So...is Hôtel Beaufort as nice as everyone says it is?"