CHAPTER 18

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

I just wanna thank everyone who's taking the time to read my book. Every vote, comment and connection made with the characters means the absolute world to me. I'm glad you guys are growing to love them as much as I do. Thanks again. <3

Elle's POV

I barely got any sleep last night. I was up for most of it thinking about, and reliving what went down with Christian. I have never felt so many butterflies in my life. I probably sound over dramatic...but the way he looked into my eyes before he kissed me felt like something straight out of a movie. Although exciting, this also scared me. It scared me a lot. He kissed me, but I don't know why. He's always felt really strongly against relationships and commitment. Also, I know he was upset over his dad. Maybe he kissed me out of impulse and didn't think anything of it. I'll say this though, if looks could kill, I'd be dead. My murderer? Kayla. I felt so embarrassed, and mostly guilty even though I shouldn't. She wasn't his girlfriend, and he kissed me. It's pretty obvious that she has feelings for him. That's another factor of my distress. I didn't have time to overthink right now though. I had to be at school in thirty minutes if I wanted to catch the bus to Lake George.

I'm glad to know that things between Christian and I are still okay, because he texted me letting me know he got home safe last night, and again this morning. He also offered to pick me up, but I declined. Camila and I had been looking forward to this trip since we were freshmen, and I could not bail on her. Even if it was just a simple ride. I go over my check list, and make sure I have everything packed.

"My baby sis is really all grown up," My sister fake sniffles as she enters my room. I laugh.

"I remember my senior trip," She says taking a seat on my bed. "We went to the Poconos...skiing"

"How was it?"

"Well..." She immediately pulls out a box of condoms and extends it towards me. Oh my gosh.

"Audrey!" I scold her, and push the condoms away. I didn't know what to expect this weekend, but I can promise that I will not be needing any of those.

"What? I would be a terrible sister to let you go unprepared."

"Well thank you, but no thanks." I chuckle.

"I had to at least make sure, especially after what I saw yesterday." She raises her eyebrows, causing me to hide my face in my palms.

"I always knew you two had something going on, I could feel it."

"It's not even like that," I sigh. "I like him...I really like him, but it's all so confusing right now."

Audrey gets up, and places an arm around my shoulder.

"Falling is the fun part," She smiles. "I have a good feeling about this, trust the process a little."

Trusting the process led me straight into heart break, but I genuinely feel different about Christian. I don't know how or why...but I do. I guess I should try and relax a bit.

"Now get your ass out, I hear Camila honking" My sister says with a smile. I give her a hug and thank her, before dragging my suitcase downstairs.

"Be safe!" My mom says, as she kisses my forehead.

"Call us when you get there, please" My Dad chimes in and joins in the cuddle fest.

"I will, I promise" I assure them, before meeting Camila at her car. She pops the trunk, and I violently throw the bag in.

"We made it bitch!" Camila squeals as I enter the passenger seat. I have to admit, this is exciting.

"Finally!" I gasp. "We're about to have so much fun!"