CHAPTER 14

Elle's POV

The next few days proceed, and I've been surprisingly okay. Fully over it? No, but getting there? Definitely. In a way, my last encounter with Hunter set me free. It was what I needed to give myself a chance at moving on, and I haven't looked back since. I missed him a lot, yes, but as the days pass by, I become more and more okay with what happened. Plus, I trust that everything happens for a reason, and I do deserve better.

The long awaited weekend was here, and I was thrilled to be snuggled under a warm blanket watching my favorite YouTubers. Once again, I had the house all to myself on a Friday. My parents were away for the night, and so was my sister. She headed back to Princeton to collect a few things, and I don't know when she'll be back. Christmas break was right around the corner too, and I'm beyond excited. I wasn't going to let my sadness ruin the best time of year...if anything, I'd just have one less present to buy.

Right before I pull out my laptop to do some shopping, I hear my phone ringing. It's Camila.

"Hey," I answer, bringing the phone to my ear.

"Biiiiitch!" She squeals. Uh oh.

"What's up?" I ask curiously. I could tell she was excited about something.

"I'm picking you up."

"Huh?"

"Ashlynn Vega is having a party, and from what I see it's pretty active right now." I hear her keys clinking in the background, and her car turning on.

"Ashlynn? I haven't spoken to her since ninth grade..."

"And I've spoken to her never, but we're going. She invited the whole grade"

"Camila..."

"I love how you think this is a negotiation" She interrupts me. "If it were Christian, you would go."

I scoff. "I would not"

"You so would! You don't love me anymore." She whines, and I laugh. She's so dramatic.

"Text me when you're outside" I roll my eyes, even though she can't see.

We say goodbye, and she tells me I have twenty minutes to get ready. I hadn't taken off my makeup from school, so I simply change into denim jeans and a nice black top. It was simple, and I looked cute. Cute enough for the party of a girl I haven't spoken to in years. I'm not too concerned about whether I'll see Hunter or not, because I've been seeing him everywhere for the last few days. It is what it is at this point.

Cami arrives, and we head to Ashlynn's house.

"You look cute!" I compliment her, entering the car. Her long brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail, and she wore a cute grey sweater dress.

"So do you" She smiles. "Apparently everyone at the party is already super wasted."

"Are you gonna drink?" I question curiously.

"Probably," She chuckles. "Matt caught a ride with his friends, so he can drive us home afterwards. Perks of having a man who doesn't drink!"

"MVP MVP!" I chant jokingly, as we pull into Ashlynn's massive driveway. Talk about cliché. All the houses in my neighborhood were big, but her's was just huge. Before we even enter, I'm already shaken by the bass of some shitty song. I also hear a lot of chatter.

"Ellie, Cami, you made it!" Ashlynn slurs, as she hobbles over to Camila and I. She was piss drunk, and I know this because I really haven't said a word to her in years yet here she is acting like we're best friends. I nod, with a fake smile as she kisses my cheek. "Drinks are over there" She points to the kitchen. "Get lit, enjoy!"