CHAPTER 29

Elle's POV

My deep slumber is interrupted by the blaring noise of my phone ringing. The noise rattles eardrums, forcing me to wake up in a thick daze. Groggily, I flicker my heavy eyes open. I can't see anything, it seems to be dark outside already. Shit!

The ringing continues, and I answer the phone without even seeing the caller. I just wanted to make the noise stop.

Before I can say hello, Christian's voice booms through the speaker.

"You really gotta stop doing this to me, champ." He almost shouts. I rub my eyes, while getting out of bed to turn on the lights. The time on my clock reads nine thirty pm. I slept for that long? Damn. I guess the lack of rest from this week piled on nicely.

"I'm sorry." I yawn with a stretch. "I took a nap."

He sighs. "I've been calling you for hours, but I'm glad everything's fine. How did you sleep?" From what I hear, it sounds like he's in the car driving somewhere.

"Best I've had in ages." I stretch once more, absorbing the bliss of my movements.

"Have you eaten?"

"No."

"I'll be at your house in twenty." And with that, joined by a quick goodbye he hangs up the phone. Despite my sleepiness still present, I feel giddy. I can't wait to see him. He wasn't lying when he said he's been calling me for hours, I have fourteen missed calls from him alone. My mom texted me a few times stating they arrived safely in Atlanta, and to give her a call when I have a chance.

Oh shit, I completely forgot to tell Christian that my parents won't be in New York all weekend. I could call him back or... I could enjoy the precious look of shock on his face and tell him when he comes. I find the second option more fitting.

I don't have much time, so I take a quick shower and brush my teeth. Since it's getting late, I throw on a simple white graphic tee that reaches my knees. Something comfortable to sleep in. Under the shirt, was a navy blue lace thong, with a bralette to match. Simple, but sexy nonetheless. You know, just in case...

By the time my hair is dried and pulled back I hear the doorbell ring. I try not to skip as I approach the entrance to myself. I'm flooded with immediate happiness.

Taking a deep breath, I open the door. In front of me is Christian. He has a basket in one hand, and adorably waves with the other. His brown hair was in it's usual half messy state and he looked delicious as ever.

"Hi." I smile, trying my hardest not to blush. He steps inside, and wraps his arm around me, placing a kiss on my temple.

"You hungry?" He comes inside.

"Actually, yes." I haven't eaten since early this afternoon.

"I got pizza." He taps on the basket. "I was gonna suggest we have a little picnic, but I forgot it's winter."

The genuine excitement in his eyes is enough to make me lean over and peck his lips. There's an undeniable charm in having a six foot three, muscular guy standing in your living room with a dainty picnic basket.

"It's okay, we can eat on my balcony. It's heated."

I take his free hand and lead him up the stairs.

"I even brought my own blanket!" He seems oddly excited, and his energy is magnetic. I can't help myself in joining his excitement. I'm handed the soft blue blanket, and carefully, I spread it out on the balcony. The cold breeze combined with the raised heat created a nice, comfortable temperature.