CHAPTER 13

Elle's POV

Stupid stupid stupid. Why did I drink so much last night? The pounding inside my head amplified at the blaring of my alarm. It was currently 6:30 am and I felt like absolute shit.

Making my way through the dark kitchen, I take two Advils and guzzle down a cup of water. I knew drinking on a school night was a bad idea, but I had already started my new "make yourself happy at all costs'' mindset. I guess this was the "cost" I was referring to. A nasty hangover. Well regardless of that, I had school, and Christian would be here in an hour.

Luckily the pills were starting to work, and I figure a hot shower will also help relieve the pressure. In the shower, I mentally plan out my day while I scrub my body.

Student Council meeting during free period.

Wilburton Scholar's meeting right after school.

I should probably remind Christian about that, so he knows not to wait for me. I really hope I don't see Hunter today, although I know it's literally impossible. Yesterday I was absent for all the classes we had together so it was easy to avoid him. Today though, I'd be seeing him bright and early in Mr. Vacelli's first period math class. I just had to get through the rest of the week, and I'd be good. Four more days.

I decide on looking decent today, as a comeback from yesterday. I choose a pair of black jeans and stylish knit sweater. I tie it all together with tan high thigh boots and let my hair fall freely down my back. I was never really a sweatpants kinda gal. I loved feeling and looking cute. Christian had texted me when he'd be here about half an hour ago, and it was currently five minutes till then. I didn't have enough time to make anything to eat, so I popped a few blueberries in my mouth and hoped they'd hold me till lunch time. I hear honking coming from outside, which tells me Christian is here. The rest of my family was still asleep, so I just grab my bag and head out.

"Nice to see you, drunkie" My best friend greets me, already bringing a smile to my face.

"Same to you, Uber." I fire back, earning a nice glimpse of his pearly whites. In the cup holder I see an untouched caramel latte from Dunkin Donuts, as well as a paper bag.

"I got your drunk ass some food, cause I figured you'd be hungover" He speaks up, resolving my curiosity. He did that for me?

I look over at him, and his eyes are still on the road. He was thinking of me. Not that this is at all comparable, but Hunter never did thoughtful stuff like this.

"For me?" I gush, grabbing the paper bag and opening it. Inside was a bacon egg and cheese on a bagel, and a strawberry donut. My favorite. I waste no time, and unwrap the sandwich. I barely ate last night, and drank a whole lot, so this food tasted heavenly. Looking back, if Christian had not done this for me I would've passed out by third period.

"Did I say you could eat in my car?" He says, as I continue to feast. I had been so caught up in the food, I hadn't even considered that.

"Oh I'm sorry-"

"Relax champ, I'm joking. I don't usually allow food in my car but I'll make an exception for my favorite alcoholic"

"Alcoholic?" I chuckle.

"Yeah I mean, drunk on a weekday? Alcoholism at its finest."

More like heartbreak.

"Says the sex addict, since you wanna play that game" I respond, before taking a sip of my coffee.

"Eh, would a sex addict turn down hottest girl he's ever been with?" I assume he's talking about his encounter with Kayla. I didn't know he thought that highly of her, but I'm not surprised. She had long legs, and beautiful brown skin. Her black hair hung loosely down her back, while she had one of the nicest facial structures I've ever seen. She's gorgeous. Almost as if Lori Harvey and Ryan Destiny had a baby.