Chapter 6

The next morning I woke up feeling the worst migraine ever in history. Whether if it was because of the fact that I was too lazy to dry my hair after washing it late last night or due to my fatigue, I didn’t know.

I reached out a hand and slapped the snooze button, groaning and sitting up in bed. Suddenly the plush covers felt so comfortable, more so than they had been last night, funnily enough.

Not this again, I scolded myself, I didn’t need to think about going back to sleep especially since I wasn’t done with either my homework or my revision. This alarm wasn’t actually meant to get me ready for school, it was meant to wake me up to finish up the undone work.

I sighed, and pushed back the quilt covers, staring at my pillow longingly. Come on, today’s Thursday, I told myself, the weekend’s coming and then I’ll get to sleep in. But school comes first for now.

My feet dragged on the floor and I let out a huge yawn, rubbing my eyes which only made my vision more hazy and unclear. I groped my way over to my study table, yawning the whole way.

“Ouch! Crap,” I groaned, as my foot hit something hard, presumably the table. Mum had always said that I would always be the tornado of clumsiness and obliviousness that walked Earth.

My hands finally found the way to the light switch and I flicked it on, then sat down on the chair and started to nurse my leg. “Ow,” I whined again, rubbing my toe to make sure no damage was done.

I turned my attention back to my work, which lay splayed across my desk like a reminder that it need to be completed. Sighing, I started on biology, then chemistry, answering the question quickly without even giving much thought to them.

About half an hour later I decided that I was done, and pushed the notes away from me, rubbing my temples and sighing. I nearly fell asleep on that chair, if not for the fact that my handphone started beeping.

Being the naturally clumsy person that I was, I almost stumbled getting off the chair and to my phone, which sat on my bed. Yawning hugely again, I picked it up and read the text message.

From: Zac Brown

Good morning gorgeous, hope your morning goes great for you, hopefully I’ll see you around later (; Zac xx

Aw, he was too sweet. His text message brought an instant smile to my face and I frantically attempted to type back a speedy reply with my numb fingers.

Sent: Zac Brown

Good morning to you too Zacky, yes thank you for your wish. Yep I hope to see you later too :D can’t wait for Friday!

My hands managed to click the send button, and I threw the phone onto the bed with a huge smile plastered onto my face. Ah, he was so cute! I knew I sounded like some crazy fan girl, but it touched my heart to know that Zac actually cared enough for me to maybe even like me.

I suddenly didn’t feel as tired anymore, as I sang some lyrics under my breath, stuffing my homework into my bag and then walking into my enormous closet and pulling out some things to wear.

Today I knew that I most definitely would be on the look-out for Zac, and I wanted to look good in front of him, so I pulled out a miniskirt and a cute flared top which would definitely match the skirt.

I ignored the rows of thongs that lay in my underwear closet, ugh I wasn’t ever going to touch those. After collecting the clothes, I literally ran into the bathroom for my shower.

The warm water was rejuvenating as usual, and it really helped to clear my sleep-clouded mind. Where were Zac and I in our relationship? I didn’t know. He had asked me out on Friday night, but it didn’t mean that he wanted us to be exclusive.