One

"Finally, eight hours later and we're here," I say as euthanasia I can while being exhausted from the long drive. Here we are in Orlando, far from my parents to study and to experience what the film world is all about. Yeah, I made short films for my hometown film festivals but this experience is going to be different. Valencia lets students in their film program be hands-on in creating the process of actual films. To be an intern and shadow real people who have been in the business for so many years.

"Should we unload then eat afterward or eat now and unpack later?" Skylar debates while admiring the townhouse we will be renting for probably three or four years.

Skylar decided to join me at Valencia. Lexi and Alice both want to work in the medical field so they chose to study at UCF College of Medicine. Max and Justin got a football scholarship at the University of Florida. Cole decided to attend the University of Florida as well since it was one of the colleges that wanted him to be on their basketball team. Which is one of the reasons to do his schooling in Florida, wanting to be where his closest friends are. A lot of friends split up after high school, never speaking ever again until their high school reunion. We didn't want to be that way, so we tried to apply to colleges in the same location.

"Let's go find somewhere and eat, I saw a small cafe close by that we can walk to," I tell her.

"Good because I'm tired of sitting," She groans while stretching out her back.

I laugh softly as we begin walking in the direction we came from. Florida is a beautiful place, my family came here two times for our annual summer vacations. To relax by the beach, visit the boardwalk, walk the streets to admire the beautiful place. I feel happy here, free, something that I never felt back at home.

"This place is so cute," Skylar gushes when we enter the cafe.

"Yeah, I'm gonna see if they're hiring," I say while walking to the lady at the cash register.

A big chalkboard behind her, with words written in different colors. The walls tan to compliment the brown tables scattered around. Ceiling painted black, stage-looking lights lighting the place, and maple wood flooring. When the lady confirms that they were indeed hiring, a smile breaks onto my face. She handed me an application after placing my order.

"Thank you," I softly say while taking a hold of the two coffees and the bag that was holding the food.

"Guessing the paper in your hand means you might have found a perfect job?" Skylar jokes while I set the drinks on the table.

"Hahaha, but yeah the lady told me they've been looking for someone for a while and if I fill this out, check out good, she can guarantee I got the job," I explain while handing Skylar her sandwich.

As I unwrap mine, my eyes take notice of a familiar man. I bite my lower lip, while vivid memories began to replay the last time I saw him. His appearance looks different, totally professional. White button-up, that clung to his body perfectly making me crave to unbutton every single button to run my fingers over his hard abs. I remember feeling when he had me sitting on the sink in the bar bathroom.

His hands grip harder on my thighs, removes my back off the bathroom door, walk over to the single sink, and sets me down as he continues molding our lips together. My hands move from the back of his neck, slowly down his chest. I can feel his hard abs through the thin black shirt he's wearing making my hands slide to the hem but before they could slide under, his hands take hold of both my wrists and pin them against the mirror behind me making a gasp leave between my lips.

My eyes go towards his hand that's holding his phone. I cross my legs squeezing my thighs together. The way his hands could easily set my skin on fire, how they cupped me so perfectly.

"Hey Julia," Skylar waves her hand to grab my attention.

"Huh," Finally removing my eyes off Ian and avert them back on my best friend.

"What got you all flushing?" She turns her head in the direction where my eyes were glued to. "Or should I rephrase the what to who," She smirks. "Wait, a second!" She nearly yells, turning her attention back to me with her eyes wide. "That's Ian Sullivan."

"Who?"

"Ian Sullivan, one of the richest men on this planet!"

My eyes nearly pop out, while my mouth gapes open. Skylar focuses closely on me, her facial expression mirrors mine, "No!" She points at me while looking back towards Ian, "No!" Her wide eyes land on me, "He's your mystery steamy bathroom session?!"

"No! No! No!" I shake my head. "There's no way!" I place my hands on the table. "There's no way, I had a heated make-out session with a millionaire!" I look back over to where he was seated just to discover he's no longer there. I glance around the cafe trying to spot him but catch a glimpse of a dark-haired fella, wearing the same apparel Ian was wearing walking away from the cafe.

"Excuse me," A waitress came up to us, looking at me. "This is for you," She hands me a hot beverage with black ink on it. I turn the cup to read the writing.

Good to see you again ;)

- Ian

Below his name was ten digits.

~*~

"You have to call him!" Skylar exclaimed while placing a box into her room.

After relaxing at the cafe, we finally got around to moving our things into our new home. Which took over an hour to get done. "Not going to happen!" I flop down on the couch.

"Come on! He obviously wants to see you again," She walks out of her room, sits next to me. "He probably wants to pick up where you two left off back in Vegas." She wiggles her eyebrows.

I squeeze my thighs together, as more vivid memories pop into my head. "Shut up!" I smack her with a pillow. Letting out a small breath while adjusting myself on the couch. "There's no way he wants to see me."

"Then why would he give you his number?"

"Why would a filthy rich man want a girl who can barely afford her vehicle!"

"You're exaggerating," She laughs, "Is there a crime for someone who makes more bank than you to want to be with you?"

"He makes more than a bank." I fold my arms over my chest.

"You can't judge someone who makes a shit load of money. They're humans just like everyone else who's just trying to find someone to love them for them and not for the amount of money they have in the bank."

I stay silent, letting the words she spoke circle my mind until they sink in. "Even though you're right, that doesn't mean I'm not that girl for him."

"How do you know? You barely know him! All you guys did was suck each other's faces off! And apparently, it made you want him more if I remember what you told me when we met back to our hotel room."

"I just know!" I stand up from the couch. "And those were just words. If I remember correctly you use those words before after one-night stands." I fire back. "I'm gonna go take a nap."

"You better text him! I didn't add his number into your phone for nothing!' She shouts right when I closed my bedroom door. 

~*~  ~*~  ~*~

Please tell me what you think, and vote!!!

Follow my socials:

Instagram- audreaslife

Twitter- audrealife