Fifteen

Today has just been a long day, all through the day it felt like each class kept dragging out. Could it be that my mind has been foggy and backtracking to the strange event that took place a couple of days ago? Possibly. Which makes me annoyed since all I want to do is forget it ever happened.

Now I'm sitting in the library that's on campus working on my short film script. I'm pretty sure this is my third attempt at coming up with the perfect film for the festival. My inspiration keeps changing and losing mojo as I write. I have a short period of time before the deadline, I'm trying my hardest to keep my mojo alive. Sadly, my document is empty besides the three words I have staring at me in bold letters, 'Needs A Title.' All the ideas I come up with don't seem perfect. Nothing exciting or unique.

"Boo!" Skylar pops her head over my shoulder.

"Oh my god!" I place my hand over my chest, feeling my heart beat fast. "Really?" Skylar laughs while walking to the seat sitting across from me.

"Are you still struggling with that script?"

"All my ideas don't scream first place potential," I groan while leaning back in my chair.

"How about taking an event that has happened in your life, change it up, and turn it into a film?" She suggests while placing her bag on the table, and taking her books out.

"There's nothing about my life worthy to turn into a script."

"Are you sure about that? I can think of a three-letter word that can get your spark going." She wiggles her eyebrows.

"No, no, no. Not going to happen." I begin placing my things into my bag.

"Why not? Change up the names, put your Julia twist to it, and bitty botty boo there's your script." I shake my head, not able to hold back a laugh.

"I gotta go, I have a job to get to. Have fun with your imaginary fantasy going on in your brain." I wave my finger at her.

"It's not a fantasy! You two can't keep your hands off each other!" She yells, causing people to shush at her, making me laugh more. She sticks her tongue at me while flipping me off.

~*~

It's been a slow day, with not many customers coming by. Allowing me to just sit in a corner, continuing my stare fest at my laptop screen. I'm honestly surprised that the coffee shop is slow since it's Monday. Usually, Monday will be the big day when everyone needs fuel. I'm not going to complain, no customers just mean more mocha latte for me.

The idea Skylar suggested keeps circling my head. I have to admit that she's not completely wrong, it is a good idea to take something that has happened to me and change up some stuff. Just don't think it'll be smart to use what's been happening with Ian. Using him and the information I know can cause so much trouble. If he knew, he'd probably kill me. Then again, the film will be fiction, no one would know that it's about him or me. All I would have to do is change a lot of things up and make them more extravagant. Just need to figure out how.

"Hey," Riley taps my shoulder. "How's it going?" She sits across from me. "Cause it looks like you still got nothing.

"Actually," I smile. "I think my writer's block has finally vanished."

"Really?"

"Yes! I just need to map out the plot and come up with names."

"Well, you better make a reminder note and pause on your writers' freedom because it looks like you got a familiar hottie waiting for their order to be taken." She points towards the register.

I glance behind me thinking that I'll see Ian but disappointment sinks in when it's not him. It's the guy I went on one date with. I haven't seen him since then. I close my laptop after typing a reminder of where I plan to take the script. He sees me finally make my way to him and smirks.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" I smile softly, watching him stare at the colorful chalk writing behind me.

"Black coffee," he leans against the counter as I turn around to fix his drink.

"$5.15." I place the drink in front of him.

Nicholas places a ten on the countertop along with a folded piece of paper.

"Tell Ian I said hi." He tells me before walking out the door.

A sick feeling fills me as I open the ripped paper,

'Tell your man that I got his money and if he wants it, he has to come to me himself.

Xoxo Nick'

----------------

My debut novel 'The Change For Her' is now available for purchasing online on Barnes & Noble, and Amazon and can be read on Amazon Ulitmate!!

You can find the links on my website audreacraig.com

Twitter: audrealife

Instagram: audreaslife

TikTok: audreacraig