Ten

"What's going on with you and Justin?" I question Skylar while we flip through our school book, doing our homework in the library.

"What are you talking about?" She uncaps her highlighter.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." I lean back, crossing my arms. "I see the way you two look at each other and how close you guys got."

"Nothing is going on between Justin and I, Julia." She tells me with a smile painted on her face while highlighting in her book. "We're just friends.

"It's hard for me to believe you since your face says otherwise."

My eyes avert to my phone lighting up for what feels like the hundredth time today. Probably hitting the million mark since I know it's the person I'm avoiding again. Ian.

Ever since I overheard a bit of the conversation he was having in his office, I've been overthinking if he's someone I should be getting involved with. I know it could be about a lot of things, but that snip of words still circles my mind.

"If no money appears after that, the real fun begins."

What does that mean? The real fun begins? What is he possibly going to do that's fun if he doesn't receive the money?

I flip my phone over not bothering to read the message. No matter how much I want to look.

"Are you going to ignore him forever?" Skylar questions.

I don't bother answering her, I put my focus on my notebook where all the notes I took in class are colorful thanks to my highlighters.

"You can't ignore him for long."

"And why not?" I raise a brow at her.

A smirk grows on her face as she scoots her seatback. "Because you know your body is going to want him inside you again." She grinds on her seat while the words leave her lips.

"Skylar!" My eyes go wide causing her to laugh.

"Come on, you know you can't resist that goddess."

"I'll make sure to tell Justin that you called Ian a goddess," I say to her.

Skylar glares at her while throwing a crumbled piece of paper at me.

~*~

After a long week of ignoring Ian's messages, doing school, and brewing coffee for grumpy customers it's finally the weekend. The weekend of watching our two best friends playing football. I brush my hair into a high pony, preparing to tie a ribbon that matches the school colors. A heatwave hits me as I close my eyes.

Gasping at the touch of his lips trail along my jawline, his fingers running through my hair before fisting it to tug my head back, allowing more access to trail his lips down to my neck.

"Julia!"

"Huh?!" I jump at the sound of Skylar's voice.

"I asked if I could borrow your curling iron." She points towards my counter where it's lying.

"Oh."

"Were you daydreaming about him again?"

"No, I was just debating if this ribbon looks good on me," I tell her while adjusting it.

"Mmhmm," She smirks at me. "That's the reason why you're all flush."

"Shut up," I take hold of the curling iron and hand it to her. "Now leave."

"Have fun daydreaming of sex that you can easily get if you text him already!" She shouts while leaving my room.

I roll my eyes knowing in the pit of my stomach that she's right. I can easily just contact Ian knowing our connection, the heat that builds between us when we're in the same room will lead us behind closed doors, naked combining our bodies into one.

I stare at myself in the mirror, running my fingers along my neck. Goosebumps come to the surface as my body remembers the way his chapped lips felt dancing along it. His touch is something I can never be able to explain to someone. It's different. An incredible different. A different that I feel I'll never escape. It scares me. Especially since he possibly is involved with something illegal.

That terrifies me, the guy who is so far the best sex in my life could put my life at risk. But would I let it stop me from going back to him? "Julia, hurry up!" Skylar shouts causing me to jump into rushing to finish doing last-minute details.

~*~*~*~*~

Please vote and tell me what you think:)

Twitter: audrealife

Instagram: audreaslife