Six

My heart is still racing from the thought that he texted me back. I never checked the message, only because I knew opening it up would mean no sleep. So here I am laying in bed, glancing over at the nightstand where my phone was laying. My insides are eating me, as the object is calling out for me.

I wanted him to message me, and he did. Now I'm a chicken to even see what the man has to say. What's wrong with me?

My mind is playing ping pong on what the message could say. Maybe he doesn't remember me. He could have a new girl on the side, and that girl is probably the one who messaged me. I'm losing my mind.

The sound of my alarm goes off, signaling me that I need to get my butt out of bed. Followed by someone banging on the bedroom door.

"Julia! I know you're awake!" Skylar yells. "Who the fuck did you text so I can kick his ass for not responding!"

I bite back a smile, sit up and grab my phone. "The guy did text back," I say while opening the door. "And I'm still not revealing his name." I smile, waving my phone as I run straight into the bathroom, locking the door before she can enter.

Skylar repeatedly beats on the door. Yelling for me to let her in and threatening to knock down the door. This causes me to remind her that if she breaks the door down, the money will be coming out of her pocket to repair it. After me stating that the banging finally stops follow by low grumbling.

~*~

"You have to tell us!" Lexi demands when I walk into the living room.

"Guys, I haven't even read the message yet," I stare as I grab an apple out of the fruit bowl.

"You what!?" They all say.

Shrugging my shoulders, walking back into my room to put on a random jacket, and sliding my phone into my back pocket. I grab my bag full of college books before reuniting with the gossip girls sitting around the living room.

"Julia, you have to open the message!" Alexa demands.

"I don't need to do anything," I tell her before walking out of the house and begin my way to campus.

~*~

The message is still unopened, part of me is so paranoid that the words will be something I don't want my eyes to read. I'm sitting in the big campus library trying to figure out what kind of film I should create for our campus film festival coming up in a few months. My mind finds it hard to concentrate since laying right next to my laptop is the cellar device.

My knee bounces repeatedly as I chew on my fingernail, trying to keep my eyes focus on the light-up screen that's showing the blank document that's supposed to show all my ideas but instead the only words on the document is "Film Ideas." I've never had this issue before. I always have so many ideas to the point it annoys all my friends.

"Fuck it!" I reach for my phone, type in the pin code, tap the messages icon and click on the section that shows his name. Holding in a deep breath.

Ian: Hello Julia, I didn't think I'll ever hear from you. I'm content that you decided to finally message me. I would appreciate it, if you would like to meet up somewhere and talk. Please let me know when you'll be free.

The breath I decided to hold in, releases between my lips that's turned into a smile. My heart beats fast, as the idea of him wanting to see me circles the negative ideas of "what ifs" out. I nibble on my lower lip while my thumbs take control.

Me: Hi Ian, I'm free this Friday night. Let me know where and what time I should meet up with you at the location.

Not a second later, he responds.

Ian: I'll pick you up at 7. Text me your address.

Well then.

~*~

Standing in front of the mirror, debating if the mini red silk spaghetti strap dress is the best option for this meet-up with Ian. I want him to want me, it's been months since our encounter, and ever since my whole body craves for him. I sit down on my bed, strap on my black open-toe heels.

My insides are squirming at the idea of finally seeing the man who made my skin feel like fire. Even if he and I don't mess around tonight, at least I'll be sitting in the same room breathing the same air, admiring his beauty. My core tightens while images of his hands touching me play through my mind.

Knocking on the front door kills my thoughts, a smile erupts on my face knowing Ian is waiting on the other side. I'm thankful the girls aren't here to see him, keeping the mystery alive. Of course, I'll eventually tell them but right now I love sneaking around and keeping it a secret. I feel it makes the whole thing hotter.

"Hi," I say after opening the door, He's wearing all black. A long-sleeve button-up tucked into his black slacks. Man, does he look so hot.

He reaches for my hand, already sending sparks through me. He brings it up to his lips, kissing it gently keeping his blue eyes locked on mine. Watching me carefully as I bite on my lower lip while my knees slowly go weak. How can a simple action make my body go crazy?

"Are you ready to go?" His voice comes out so smooth.

"Y-Yeah." His eyes gleam at my response.

Ian gently guides me out of the house, shutting the door before walking towards his black vehicle with tinted windows. A man dressed in a black suit, black shades standing by the back door, opening it up as we get closer. "Thank you, Mathew," Ian tells him while watching me gently sit inside before sitting beside me.

There's a black window separating us and him. "I've missed you," Ian breaks the silence. "I was really surprised to see you in the little cafe. Didn't think we would ever see each other after our little session in Vegas." There it is, a small smirk on his face.

"I was surprised to see you as well," I look down at my lap, feeling my face heat up as I remember how I had vivid memories when my eyes saw him sitting alone in a white button-up.

Ian's hand comes in contact with my bare thigh right where my dress ends. His thumb runs circles slowly. The electricity begins to shoot through me. "Why did you take so long to contact me, Julia?" He questions so softly. "I don't like to be kept waiting."

My core turns, slowly becoming heated. My breathing starts to pick up. I lick my lips, opening my mouth but no words come out. I close my mouth and try again. "I-I was afraid to."

He inches his hand up higher, "Afraid? Are you scared of me, Julia?"

"N-No," My eyes stay on his hand, watching it carefully knowing he's doing this simple action to get a reaction out of me. Proving to himself that he still affects me.

Ian removes his hand, only to take a hold of my chin and avert my attention to him. His thumb running across my lip. "Then why were you afraid, Julia?" His eyes glued on mine, trying to read my thoughts.

"I-" My lips brush against his thumb. "You're rich, there's no way I could live up to your lifestyle."

A mischievous smirk grows across his face. "Oh, Julia," He speaks so smoothly, running his thumb across my lips one more time before inching his face closer to mind where I can smell the mint coming off his breath. "You have no idea how well you'll be able to live up to my lifestyle." His ocean eyes turn dark matching the tone of his voice.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Anyways please vote and tell me what you think!!

Follow my socials:

Twitter- audrealife

Instagram- audreaslife