Eight

My eyes flutter open but immediately squint close when they meet the bright sunlight coming from the giant window overlooking the city. I slowly opened them while turning onto my back, noticing Ian was nowhere in sight. I sit up, holding the white silk sheets against my naked chest. I scan the room while flashes from last night play through my mind. This wasn't the room we were in. I don't remember coming into this room.

Climbing out of the bed, making sure not an inch of my body is exposed to go searching for some type of clothing to put on before roaming the house to find Ian. There was a black leather chair in front of the window, laying on it was my outfit from last night, neatly folded. Sitting on the floor in front of the chair were my heels. I let the sheet fall to my feet and make my way over to put the items on. Opening my billfold to get a hair tie to toss my hair up into a messy bun right before exiting the room.

The hallway floors were marble, the walls were painted light grey. His bedroom was the last room in the hall, I closed the door behind me and began walking down the empty hallway that has natural sunlight. I admire the fancy art pieces hanging in black frames, art is something I don't know anything about but I love admiring the pieces wishing I was that creative.

"We need to do something." My head turns to where the strong voice was coming from.

"He's been delaying the payment for almost a week." Another voice pipes in. I slowly walked towards where it was coming from, carefully not to make a sound.

"How much do they owe?" A deep voice question. When I got to the room they were in I stood close to where the door was cracked.

Paper shifts around before the voice I knew speaks, "Over a grand." Over a grand? What the heck! What kind of business do they do to have someone owe them that much money? "I'll get some guys to find out his location and send someone out to him as a reminder that we are somewhat waiting patiently for our money," Ian tells them. "If no money appears after that, the real fun begins."

"Crap," I whisper when my back knocks into the small sculpture sitting behind me.

"What was that?" My heart starts beating fast, I look around for somewhere to hide. Footsteps start making their way towards the door causing my feet to take control and rush down the hallway in the direction I was going, just to end up in what seems to be the living room.

"Julia," Ian's deep voice appears behind me causing my face to flush.

'Act natural, act natural,' I chant in my head. "Hi," I softly say after turning to face him. "I was looking for you."

His eyes were stern and cold. Probably suspicious if I heard any information. The way his eyes are staring so deep into mine is making me want to confess but a voice inside my head is telling me to keep my lips sealed.

"My driver will be taking you home," He tells me in almost a monotone-like voice.

"What?" My eyes widen, confused about why he's sending me home. Is it because he believes I heard their conversation? Did he just want fuck me?

The same man who drove Ian to my home enters the room, using his hand to direct me where the car is located. I nod my head, walk towards the driver, not bothering to say a word to Ian.

"Thank you," I softly say to the man as he holds the car door for me.

"You're welcome, Ms. Julia."

"My last name Nelson," I smile softly

"Ms. Nelson," He returns a smile before shutting the door. I already know Skylar is waiting for me to return with lots of questions. 

~*~*~*~*~

Please tell me what you think and please vote.

Follow my Socials:

Twitter- audrealife

Instagram- audreaslife