↠21↞ Don't fall for me

↠21↞

Don't fall for me

𝓡𝓪𝔂𝓷𝓪

Soft. This is the first thing that comes to my mind when I kiss Nathan. His lips are so soft.

"Why did you do this?" he asks, but to my surprise, he doesn't pull away. He just studies my face intently.

"I . . . I don't know . . . I just wanted to take your mind off Dav-"

"Don't say her name," he whispers a plea. His green eyes darken a little, then questioningly travel down to my lips.

"I don't think we should . . ." Is all I can muster. My voice, however, sounds rather like a supplication than a protest.

Before I realize, his warm tongue slides into my mouth, his hands travel underneath my sweatshirt, and I hate myself for liking it. "We should stop," I mutter when his lips briefly tear away from mine, giving us both a chance to catch a breath.

"Why?" His eyes burn with a need of letting go. "Look where being a good man has gotten me." His warm breath crushes against my skin.

"Nathan," I try to demur, but his tongue finds its way back into my mouth, and silences me. "I don't want to be your-" My voice is muffled by the kiss.

He pulls away and looks at me confused. "Distraction? Isn't it what you intended to do? To distract me so I don't think of her?"

Wow. She really must've broken his heart if he doesn't incline to say her name anymore.

"Well, yes, but . . . not like this. Not in your dorm. Not kissing."

But you kissed him first, not the other way around.

"What if Jeremy came in?" I ask, and my eyes widen in fear. "What if she came in?" My skin gets showered with goosebumps just at the thought of it. "Davina can not find out about this. Promise me that you won't tell her," I tumble out. The fact that I've just betrayed my best friend makes me queasy.

Nathan's eyes turn cold. "Why did you kiss me then?" His voice is tinted with annoyance.

"I just wanted-"

"To go. I think that's what you tried to say," he states cooly.

I gape at him. "I beg your pardon? You called me, not the other way around, Nathan. You're just acting out because Davina-"

"Will you stop saying her fucking name!?" His voice rumbles like a thunder.

Even though his rage is fully justified, I have to say something, "Nathan-"

"Don't Nathan me! I literally just found out that someone I love cheated on me." He grabs a photograph of him and Davina off his bedside table. "It's a nice picture, you know. How about you take it and tell Reyman to sign it for me?" He pushes it into my hands, then storms out of the room.

He hates her. And i kissed him. And he kissed me back. And Will doesn't even want Davina, and, oh the irony, he is the reason why she'd left Nathan.

We are all so messed up.

~~~~~~~~~~

𝓓𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓪

My lungs burn as if they got stuffed with chilli peppers. I've been running around campus and town for the last two hours, striving to find Nathan, but he is nowhere to be seen, and neither is Will. If by any chance they ended up being in the same place, one of them is undoubtedly very close to falling into a coma.