↠25↞ The confession

↠25↞

The confession

𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵

I flounce back into the house, right after I made sure that Davina got into a car that would take her home.

Why does she have to be so wilful? I've tried so hard this evening to be nice to her, even though her actions constantly take me back to that day with

"Why did the bird leave so early?" My father asks.

Blood immediately boils in my veins. "Gladly for a different reason than the one why mum's drinking." I bellow, and watch his whole body stiffen once he understands what I mean. "You've fucking done it again, haven't you?" I raise a brow. Silence is his only answer. I scoff. "You're lucky that Davina was with me when I saw mum at her merriest, otherwise, you wouldn't have lived to give that speech at the gallery. And never again say that you're proud of me if you did it again regardless of my and mum's past. Your words mean nothing to me. Just like you being a part of this family."

He squares his shoulders, slightly lifting his chin up. "I think that you're forgetting yourself, young man." His tone is rebuking.

I half-laugh. "Am I? And what are you going to do about it? Devoid me of my money?" I stuff my hands in my pockets, bravely holding his stern stare.

"What's gotten into you, William?" He lowers his voice to a whisper, trying to avoid making a scene. "Look what that girl is doing to you," he spits.

"That girl is the reason why I'm not back to being miserable every night." I snap back.

"Really? A girl from a sex app?" My father laughs dryly. "What's so special about her?"

"The difficulty to develop any feelings for her! That's what makes her stand out! How dare you even ask that? It should be obvious to you! You know what happened that evening when–"

"I think you two need some fresh air." My mother emerges by our side. The sudden disappearance of Davina and me bandying words with my father must have made her realize that something's not right, causing her to sober up in no time.

I rip the bow tie off my neck. "Whatever. This party, if you ask me, is just as dreadful as this dysfunctional thing you strive so badly to call a family," I growl, then storm up the stairs.

I lock the door to my room behind me and heavily sit down onto the bed. I bury my face in my hands, scrambling to gather my thoughts.

"Fuck!!!" I grab the first thing that catches my eye, which appears to be a glass jar full of dirty water and paint brushes. I hurl it at the wall, watching it scatter into pieces.

The mess makes me even angier, so I fling more stuff, falling into a trance of demolishing my room.

'A mistake that can be easily made but hardly forgotten. Some move on from it, some let it destroy them. I choose the latter.' This gnawing memory roams in my head, and I can not believe how little it took for it to reappear in my mind and start haunting me all over again.

Damn you, Bev.

~~~~~~~~~~

𝓓𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓪

When I walk into the dorm, Rayna is still awake. I try to ignore her curious stare, and I drop my purse onto the floor together with my sandals.

"I don't want to sound rude, but everytime you go somewhere, you come back with mascara streaming down your cheeks. What happened this time?" she questions.