↠41↞ The month of poems

↠41↞

The month of poems

"Excuse me?" I gasp in sudden shock.

I'm not sure whether my body is wet from the sweat that arises on my skin, or rather the wave of heat that unexpectedly flushes all over me.

He doesn't know. There is no way. Or maybe Rayna has told him? But why would she do this

Connor's voice emerges, conceited and confident. "It took me a while to grasp it, but I finally did." He gets up to his feet. "When you spoke up at the party, I just knew that I've already heard your voice somewhere. Turns out I was correct."

Rayna hasn't told him then.

His lecherous smirk makes me nauseous, evoking the memory of the day I served him on the sex phone.

I've got to stay calm. I've got to act confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

Considering that I only spoke with two men on that app, and one of them was old, Connor must happen to be my first customer, the one that kept groaning and moaning all the way through, and eventually made me throw up.

"Don't play dumb. We both know what I'm talking about. The sex app that you use to get some extra cash? What is it called again? Sweet and Sour?" He chuckles humorlessly, making my twisting stomach leap up to my tight throat.

"I've stopped using it ages ago," I respond confidently, hoping that my answer will put an end to this conversation.

A devilish smirk creeps upon his lips. "But it doesn't change the truth."

"Which, please, enlighten me, is?" I arch my brows, folding my arms across my chest. I can feel my heart thrash against them.

"The fact that you had a phone sex with your best-friend's current boyfriend."

My stomach plummets to the floor. I know Rayna too well. It would upset her so much, regardless that it all had happened before she started being with him.

"But you two didn't even know each other back then." I play this card anyway. It might forestall him from ruining my friendship.

"And you really think that it makes it any better?" He gives a bitter laugh. His light, brown eyes bore through the green of mine. "She'll never forgive you if she finds out. I mean, you've already ruined one of her attempts of having a boyfriend, haven't you? You know, when you caused a scene at that party–"

"She told you about Liam?" My brows shoot to the roof of my forehead.

"She told me much more, but don't worry, Davina, or Emily, whichever you prefer. I won't breathe a word. For now at least." He smiles menacingly.

My mouth dehydrates in fear. Then the door handle slowly goes down, and Rayna appears at the threshold with two steaming mugs poised in her hands.

"Oh, you're back." She smiles at me.

My stomach feels tight. I scuttle over to the hooks and grab a jacket.

"I'm actually going out again. I'll see you later." My voice is evasive. I dress up as quickly as I only can.

"Wait," she says.

Another wave of heat flushes over my body, but then I exhale in relief when she hands me my phone back.

"I took it with me after the party. Sorry for that."

I only flash a weak smile and nod my head thanks.