↠6↞ I'm petrified

↠6↞

I'm petrified

We've been sat at the pub for over an hour now. The only people chatting are me and Rayna. Will hasn't said much since the very moment he saw Nathan, and Nathan . . . he seems utterly spaced out. He hasn't even spoken up once, only sporadically nodded his head.

I earnestly want to hold his hand, but as I'm about to proffer my own, he promptly slides his fingers into the pocket of his jeans. It obviously doesn't go unnoticed, which makes me feel incredibly embarrassed.

What have I done? Why is he so cold towards me?

Will breaks the silence, "What's up with you two?" Surprisingly, he doesn't address this question solely to me.

At the sound of his voice, Nathan's forehead alarmingly creases. He then scowls at Will.

Oh dear.

"Since when what happens in my relationship is any of your bussiness?" he snaps.

Will overlooks his inflamed irritation. "Davina is my friend-"

Nathan's sudden laugh is more bitter that the beer that I had ordered. "Cut that nonsense, Reyman. We both know you wish she was more than just your friend," he says bluntly.

My eyes become round in dread. I don't want them to brawl. How does he even know about Will having a crush on me? Has Rayna told him?

I instinctively kick her in the ankle, raising an eyebrow, awaiting an answer. She just makes a confused face and stealthily shrugs her tiny shoulders.

I feel queasy from the growing uneasiness, yet I venture to ask, "What are you talking about?" I lock eyes with Nathan.

His nostrils flare in disgust. "He fancies you," he spits.

I lock the fact of knowing the truth behind a veil of surprise. "What?" I shift my head to Will. The end of our friendship is coming inevitably, and just the thought of it makes my eyes get flooded with tears.

Will on the other hand, he doesn't say or do anything. He just remains composed, pretending that he didn't hear what my boyfriend said to him.

"Go on, Reyman. Tell her, or I will," Nathan encourages in a dry tone.

I feel suddenly intrigued. "Tell me what?"

"Remember the party we met at? The one from almost two months ago?" Nathan rushes with explanations, his mouth is pressed into a hard line.

"I do?" I reply, confused. "Why?"

Nathan's face distorts in an ominously serene smile. "Well, us boys, including your friend here," he points at Will with his head, "we were talking about girls, and which one of you we found the most attractive."

"I'm guessing he said my name?" I ask, unperturbed.

I can't comprehend the reason behind Nathan's fury. If I was the girl that Will picked that night, that's just a nice compliment.

Nathan scoffs. "Not only did he say your name. He was also gesturing all the ways in which he would, as he said it himself, 'fuck you so hard'. He then told us how much you'd love it.

My eyes cast away to Will. "Is that true?" I ask.

Rayna nervously sips on her drink.

Will spins a coaster on the table. He seems unfazed. "We didn't know each other back then. I only said those things to make lads laugh. I had no other intentions."