Ch2

TW: parents arguing and shouting. Possessive relationship (continues to ch3). If either of these set you off, just skip this chapter.

**1 week later**

I wake up to the sound of raised voices downstairs. My parents again. If I listen closely, I can hear parts of what they're saying.

"I don't believe it! She is okay! She can take care of herself, now!" I hear my mum shout.

"She is still young, and you need to show more discipline!"

"I SET HER A CURFEW AND SHE ALWAYS STICKS TO IT. YOU CAN'T BLOCK OFF FREEDOM FROM OUR DAUGHTER FOREVER! SHE KNOWS THE LIMITS! SHE IS SO GOOD, ALWAYS STICKING TO WHATEVER WE TELL HER. YOU CAN'T BIND HER IN CHAINS-"

"NOBODY IS BINDING ANYBODY! I JUST THINK SHE OUGHT TO KNOW HER PLACE! SHE NEEDS TO KNOW BOUNDARIES!" My dad's voice raises further and I physically have to cover my ears.

"DAD, MUM STOP IT! PLEASE!" I yell from the top of the stairs. The arguing stops, and my parents appear below. "Please. Stop. I hate you arguing over me. It scares me. Please."

"Sorry, Y/N." My mum says, beginning to climb the stairs. I back up, heading back to my room.

I sit on my bed, and message my boyfriend, Jamie.

Jamie <3

You
Heyy, can I come over?

Jamie <3
Yeah, ofc. see u in 20?

You
Yup! Love you xx

Jamie <3
Love u too xx

I turn off my phone and hurry to get dressed, nothing much, just shorts and a shirt, and one of Jamie's hoodies that he gave me. I slip on some trainers, and shout at my parents from the front door, "I'M GOING TO JAMIE'S I'LL SEE YOU WHEN I SEE YOU. BYE!" and slam the door, walking down the road.

It takes a little longer than usual, I stop off at a corner shop to grab a chocolate bar and a monster, and I'm pumped full of energy by the time I ring the doorbell.

Jamie opens the door and practically drags me through. I giggle, and hug him as he picks me up, laughing. "You've not been here in ages! I've completely re-vamped the upstairs. The kitchen's being done soon, I've been saving my wages. Come on, let's go."

I marvel for a second at the thought of Jamie saving his wages, and puts me down, grabbing my hand and yanking me upstairs.

"Ow," I mumble, but run up with him.

Jamie stops, and gestures for me to go ahead of him. He grabs my arm to keep me still, and he places his hands over my eyes.

I knew where his room was, I didn't need guidance. As I cross the threshold, I stop, and wait for Jamie to take his hands away.

The old cream walls were painted a delicate light blue, the lampshade was beautiful. His bedcovers were different- from the black ones with white stars, to a navy blue set. His old desk had been replaced by a new one, his PC set out neater now.

"Wow, Jamie." I mutter. He grabs my hand and pulls me over to sit on the bed beside him. "I KNOW! So, why did you need to come over?" he asks. I give him a look to say 'you need to ask?' and he nods, "Family? I get it. If my baby is ever feeling sad, Imma beat up whoever making her feel like that."

"Jamie, no!" I say, "That's a step too far. Don't do that."

"Sure." he pulls me onto his lap, and wraps his arms around me. I'm sitting sideways, and I wrap my arms around his neck, leaning into his chest.

Just then my phone pings. I sit back, and turn it on.

Wilbur Soot

Wilbur Soot
Hey, Y/N how are you??

You
I'm alright, wbu?

Wilbur Soot
Yeah I'm alright. I'm sort of bored.
What are you up to?

You
I'm at my boyfriend, Jamie's house.

Wilbur Soot
Boyfriend? I-I didn't know.

You
I know. It's ok though. Anyway, I have to go now, I'll message you when I get home.

Wilbur Soot
Yeah ok. Bye, Y/N

You
Bye, Wilbur.

You turn off your phone, and Jamie is looking at you. His expression is sort of nasty...

"Who was that?" he snaps. You look at him evenly and say, "My friend, Wilbur."

Jamie still doesn't calm down, "Wilbur, huh? And he's your friend, correct?" I nod. Jamie continues, "And what did he want? Texting you when you're with me?"

"HA!" I exclaim incredulously, "He was asking me how I was. When I told him I was with my boyfriend, he was shocked. He didn't know I had a boyfriend. It was a shock. When he realised I didn't wanna chat, he said goodbye! END OF!"

"DON'T YOU SHOUT AT ME! AND DON'T  YOU EVER LIE TO ME. I KNOW WHAT HE IS TRYING TO DO. AND HE WILL NEVER, NEVER, TAKE YOU AWAY FROM ME."

I hate it when he shouts like this. I just say in a small voice, "I wouldn't let him. But you know I'm a person, right? Just because I'm a girl, it doesn't make me an object for your disposal. I'm a person, too. And I'm not a belonging."

"WOWWWWW!" he shouts sarcastically, "YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I THINK?"

"Jamie calm down you're scaring me."

"NO I WON'T CALM DOWN. AND THIS IS WHAT I THINK!"

His next words chill me to the bone.

A/N:

Heyy, left you on a cliffhanger. And early on too. Sorry for the short chapter. Chapter 3 is being written right now, if it's not out by the time you're reading this.

Word count: 895 words. (not including the A/N and TW at the top)