Ch4

The next day was a Monday, and I had to go into uni. I drag myself out of bed, and get ready. I wear jeans, a shirt, a jumper and I scrape my hair into a messy bun.

I walk to the bus stop and meet my friends, Gemma, Blair and Lea. We sit together, discussing the weekend. Very casually I drop in, "Yeah, Jamie and I broke up." Gemma sits there, still, as Blair and Lea go into panic mode.

"I ended things cos he was being an idiot and not letting me have my own life. I messaged my friend while at Jamie's house and he flared up, shouting obscenities at me, until I couldn't do it any more. I screamed at him and dumped him and left the house. Blocked him on all socials."

"Yesss, girl!" Lea shouts, hugging me. I grin as Blair nods, and gestures to Lea, showing they seconded her statement. Blair wasn't usually quiet, but when Lea goes off on one, it's usually best to keep quiet and let her get it out of her system.

In uni, we headed to our first period, which was what we were specialising in. For me, that was English Literature, as I always had a passion for writing. (Insight as to what I wanna study at uni lmao) I sat down in my class as the other 20-odd people joined, and the lecture started.

About halfway through, my phone went, and I immediately thought: It's Wilbur. I turned the phone on after class, and sure enough: It was.

______________Wilbur POV______________

I hadn't heard from Y/N all day. Well, it's only 11am, she's probably fine.

I text her anyway:

Y/N ✨

You
Hey, are you okay?

I waited, usually she replies quickly, but this time, nothing. I waited until 11:45 before I got a reply.

Y/N ✨
Hey! I'm fine. Sorry, I was just in a uni lecture. Sorry for the late reply. Hru?

You
Oh, sorry, I didn't know you went to uni. I'm all good, and no worries bout reply time. So what do you study?

Y/N ✨
I major in English Literature. I've always loved writing and reading.

You
Oh, cute.

As soon as I send it I know I said the wrong thing.

You
Anyway, how is everything at home? Did it settle down, like you hoped?

Y/N ✨
We are ok now. But I still need to get away for a bit.

You
I mean, you could always come and stay with me for a bit?

Oh god, why did I say that?! I've never even met the girl! I don't know what she looks like! But she sounds so stressed, she does need a break. I wonder how she reacts... I think all of these thoughts in a millisecond, waiting for her to type.

______________Y/N POV______________

What? Did he just say that? Is he serious? He doesn't even know what I look like! And he's inviting me over to stay? Either he's messed up, or he's joking. Or, he just has a really sweet heart and he's not kidding. I really hope he isn't kidding as I write

You
If you're not joking, I think that would be perfect. Tell me when.

Wilbur Soot
Get a train tomorrow, tell me when you arrive, and I'll be there waiting at the station. I know I don't know you, so when you approach me, say a word so random nobody could expect it, like, just anything.

You
Wow, okay. Umm, thank you so much! When I get there, I'll just say the word, "Memories." then you'll know it's me.

Wilbur Soot
Yup, that works. I'll see you tomorrow I guess.

You
See you tomorrow, Wil.

I turn my phone off, and the rest of the day, I don't have any lessons, because one of the teachers was off, and nobody could cover it. I grab the next bus home, running in through the door, and up the stairs, grabbing a bag, and stuffing it full of clothes, still in a daze, dumbfounded that Wil wanted me there. He was such a good friend.

Heyy! I am aware it seems to be moving a bit fast, but I assure you as Y/N gets there, it's not instant romance, it doesn't move along so fast. Also: except for when Wil offers for her to come down, just the chit chat and the basic, boring stuff.... this is basically just a filler chapter.

Stay safe, have a great day ❤

word count: 694 (not including the A/N)