Ch7

Very very long chapter ahead. I wrote lotssss! Enjoy, I guess <3

"Oh my god, that was delicious!" I exclaim, leaning back in my chair. Will looks at me and grins, "The food here is awesome, huh?"

"Yep! Never had anything like it!" I smile, relaxing back. "So what's next?" I ask.

"God, you're in a rush! How about we chat for a while, let the food settle, maybe get dessert if we're up for it. If not, I guess we head home, watch some TV? I'm not streaming tonight. I might play some guitar, but I wont be up too late. I'll probably sleep at about midnight. You?" he asks.

I nod, "Yeah, that works. I normally sleep about then. I might come watch you play your music if that's okay?"

"Yeah, of course!" he says, "So, tell me more about you."

"Oh god." I say, "I hate talking about myself. Um, okay. I'm 21, and live in London. My three best friends are Gemma, Blair and Lea. I first met Blair at a school thing when we were 6 but then we never saw each other again til we were 13. That's when I met Gemma, and they re-introduced us. Lea I've known since we were 15. I've watched the SMP since it started, as Gemma pressured it into me, and I love it. I major in English Literature, but minor in music, as I sing, play piano, and am learning the guitar - but don't expect me to be a backing in any of your music, I'm nowhere near good enough yet." I shake my head.

"Alright!" he laughs, "But I can give you a few lessons, if you want?" I nod, and he says, "So carry on. Tell me more about you."

"I live with my parents, and my younger brother. I've known Jamie since I was 19, he was 20. We were together for 2 years. Um, my home life hasn't ever been really great. I spend more time round Blair's than I do my own home, I feel. My friends all look out for me, and they all understand when I need a place to go. Together, I think we've planned out our entire lives; what we want to do for our career, where we wanna live, how we're gonna live. It's great. And we just go with it. If something crops up that we hadn't planned, we just carry on with our plans after we recover." I say, smiling, thinking of my mates.

"You must have some pretty pog friends," Will says, looking at me. "Right. Quickfire questions. Favourite musical artist."

"Rude. I feel pressured. Depends on my mood. Mostly you, but sometimes, if I wanna be really depressed, Lewis Capaldi or Freya Ridings. Very normal, I know."

"Not really. Mine's me, too!" he says with an impish grin. I smile at him, and say, "I can tell."

"Hey!" he laughs, and we sit there for a second, just giggling.

The waitress comes back with the bill. I notice she's paying a lot of attention to Will, twirling some hair around her fingers, or fiddling with the hem on her skirt. Will is just acting normal, as if she wasn't so obviously hitting on him. He paid the money, and stood up. I saw the waitress look up at him, and gasp. Oh my god, she was so pathetic. "Alright then, sir, let me show you out." she says. Will nods and looks at me, "Come on, Y/N. It's time to go." he casually takes my hand, and the waitress looks at our hands, and I see her eyes narrow. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her shoot the back of my head a death stare, as she walks us to the door. "Here you go, sir. I hope you and your... girlfriend," she sneered the word, "have a good evening."

"Oh, no she's not my girlfriend. She's just living with me for the time being. We're just friends." Will says, and I smile politely, shaking my head.

"Oh she's not?" The smarmy voice was back. "Well, have a good evening, sir."

We nod and smile. "Thanks." We make our way to the car, and head home. On the drive I say, "God, she was so hitting on you! It made me sick to watch!"

"I just thought she was being polite," Will shrugs. I burst out laughing, "Nope! It was so obvious is was sort of hilarious! You could tell. She was paying you soooo much attention, like a puppy!" I giggle.

"Yeah, she sort of ignored you. It was quite rude." he says, frowning at the road. "Nah, it's fine. Like I said, she was obviously hitting on you!"

"Mhm, I see it now. God, that's disgusting." he says, his face a look of discontent. "It was quite funny. And I see why. You're quite attractive. I mean, there are 13yearolds out there simping for you."

"Bahahaha!" He bursts into laughter, "God, it explains why my crowd at vidcon is mainly 15yearold girls, and the odd guy."

"Yep!" I laugh with him, as we pull up on his driveway, and get out of the car. As we get into the house, I flop onto the couch.

"Oh yeah, sure. Make yourself right at home, why don't you!" he snickers. I lift my head off the pillow, "It is technically my home for the time being, remember?"

"Oh yeah, haha sorry." he apologises. I shake my head and put it back on the pillow. "You know you have a bedroom, right?"

"Yeah. But I'm not ready to sleep yet. I'm just tired. Anyway, weren't you gonna go play guitar?"

"Weren't you coming to watch?" he quips. "Yeah..." I concede, dragging myself off the sofa and up the stairs. Will waits for me, looping an arm around my shoulders to keep me upright, as he leads me to his room, where he keeps his guitars and other music stuff.

I sit on the end of his bed as he sets everything up, connecting his guitar to his amp, and plugging it in, and setting up his mic. I yawn, "God I'm so tired. Can I lie down?" I ask. "I'm not insinuating anything, I promise, I'm just really tired!" I assure him.

"Yeah, of course! I'm not gonna make you sit up and pay full attention if you're sleepy. You can go and sleep of you want to!" he says.

"Nah, I wanna watch you play guitar." I say, sitting back, resting my head against the pillows, watching Will tune and strum his guitar, playing the first few chords to Losing Face. I end up humming along, and we sit together for about half an hour.

Finally, I get off the bed, and say, "I'm gonna go get ready to sleep. Night, Will." He looks at me, and smiles, "Alright. Sleep well. I'll see you in the morning."

"Yep!" I smile and walk out of the room. I take my washbag into the bathroom, doing my teeth, and scraping my hair back into a bun. Back in my room, I change into shorts and a shirt for bed, and poke my head round Will's door. He's packing up all his music equipment, while singing quietly along to some music. I recognise it as Romance Is Boring by Los Campesinos, and I remember when he did his own cover, and uploaded it to his Wilbur Music channel. I smile, and decide to knock to announce my presence. "Come in, Y/N." he says, as I push the door open. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I was just coming to let you know I'm going to bed, and say a proper goodnight." I say, as he looks at me, and says, "Yeah, of course. I'll see you in the morning, Y/N."

"Night, Will. And, can I say thanks for letting me come live with you." I look down at my hands, feeling awkward. Will laughs, making me look up. He's looking at me sympathetically. "You needed a break. Your entire life was stressing you out. I could tell just from what you were saying in your texts. I just needed to get you out."

"Aww, thank you. Can I have a hug?" I ask, arms outstretched. He grins, and walks across the room, bending down to give me a hug, exaggerating the height difference. I slap his shoulder, "Shush. I know I'm small. Just give me the hug!" he grins impishly, and wraps his arms around me, as I lean up on tiptoes to put my hands around his neck. "Thank you, Will." I mumble. He holds me closer, and whispers, "It's okay, Y/N. Now go get to sleep."

I step back, and touch his shoulder, "Night," and leave the room, crossing the hallway, and entering my new room. I walk to the bed, and push back the covers, crawling across the mattress to the middle, leaning over to switch the lamp off, and pulling up the downy duvet to swathe my shoulders. I snuggle down, closing my eyes, drifting off peacefully.

A/N: Woah 1505 words! Not including the A/Ns. That's very long! Umm... due to begin writing ch8 today. Hope you enjoyed this. There's hopefully gonna be some fluff next chapter... make of that what you will... Love you all <3