15. I can't seem to control my hands.

Amanda's POV

How long does it take for a human being to get food?

Joel has been gone for ten minutes or so and I'm getting impatient here. So I went downstairs to look for him.

As I jogged down the stairs, I heard voices. Two people were arguing. They weren't shouting but it was loud enough for someone to hear from a distance.

"You know, I still wonder how you're my dad." I heard Joel say.

"And I always wonder how you're my son. I mean, you act like a commoner. You're a Reed for God's sake." Joel's dad argued back.

Why is he here?

"How I act is none of your business." Joel said simply.

"I see that Amanda of a girl is turning you into one of her kind." Mr Reed said with disgust.

"Don't talk about her like that. I don't understand what she has to do with all this."

"Well, she had everything to do with this. Honestly, this is why I set you up with Sabrina. She's everything that lowlife is not." I was really hurt because if what he said but it's not really important. All of a sudden I'm curious. Who is Sabrina?

Joel was red. I would have laughed if not for the tension in the room.

"She isn't a lowlife but you're right about on thing; she's everything Sabrina is not."

My curiosity went 6 to 10. Who is Sabrina?

Joel went on. "She's nice, smart, not a snub and she's madly beautiful both on the inside and outside. She's lots more and let me tell you something, Sabrina is none of those."

Aww, he said I'm beautiful.

Anyway, this Sabrina of a girl doesn't seem nice according to what Joel has said. I can't still believe that they haven't noticed me.

"Looks like she has you wrapped around her finger huh?" Mr Reed smirked.

"She's just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. Joel denied. I can't seem to shake off the fact that he hesitated to answer that question.

Also, he sounded like Adrien from Miraculous.

"You hesitated. She means something to you. Let me tell you something; as long as I'm alive and breathing, you aren't going to end up with or like her." Mr Reed warned.

"And if I do?" Joel squared up to his father.

"You'll see what'll happen. Don't test me."

Things were becoming really tense not so I had to intervene so I acted like I didn't just listen to most of their conversation.

"Gosh Joel, where are you?" I called out.

"I'm down here." He replied. I walked down the stairs.

"Good day Mr Reed." I greeted innocently.

"Hello dear." He shot me a fake smile.

"Joel, you've taken a lot of time just to get food. Let's go upstairs." I grabbed his arm. I didn't miss the look Mr Reed gave Joel and the hungry look in his eyes when he looked at me.

Disgusting.

Joel and I marched upstairs. Immediately we entered his room, we both let out sighs of relief.

"From my 17 years of existence, going to get food isn't arguing with your father." I crossed my arms and leaned on the door.

"So you heard everything he said?" I nodded. "Oh God, I'm sorry about that. My dad's the biggest douchebag ever."