25. Cafeteria Drama

Amanda

Things have been going well as of late. Since when I told Mum and Dad about what happened years ago, it's like everything is back to normal. But then I remember I have a stalker and my mood deflates.

This stalker situation is starting to take a toll on me. I'm stressed out so I sleep a lot, eat a lot and cry a lot. People who don't know what's happening with me will assume that I'm alright...but I'm not. At all.

It's hard to keep a happy face when you're scared of being whisked away from everything you've ever known. I'm scared, really scared and I don't know what to do.

These thoughts run through my mind as I lay in bed thinking about the events of the past few weeks. It's Tuesday and I'm supposed to prepare for school. But I don't feel like going to school right now. Actually, I don't feel like doing anything at all. Along with being stressed, I'm not motivated to do anything.

I can't call in sick because Mum and Dad won't allow me to. They know I'm fine health wise so I can't lie about it. Still waist deep in my thoughts, my phone pings as I get a new notification. I lazily reach out for my phone on the nightstand and the text on the screen made a smile find its way to my face. It was from Joel.

"Good morning beautiful .<3"
I know you're always late for school so I'll be at yours at 7:30. Be quick♡"

I found myself reading the text over and over again. Untill it registered in my brain...

I'll be at yours at 7:30.

My eyes widened comically as I looked at the time on my phone.

"Oh shit!"

7:02 am.

I scrabbled out of bed, stripped myself of my pyjamas then ran into the bathroom. I took a shower in record time and brushed my teeth. I ran into my closet and picked out the first outfit that made sense to me.

Sprinting down the stairs, I bumped into my dad at the bottom. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" Then I walked, really fast, to the dinning table. I made myself a bowl of cereal. I shoved the cereal into my mouth, milk spilling from the corners of my mouth.

"Woah. You need to take it easy or else you'll choke." Mum called out from the living room where she could spot me clearly. I swallowed the food in my mouth then apologized sheepishly. "Sorry..." I gave a shy smile at the end of my apology.

"Why are you in a hurry anyway?" She asked curiously, her arms folded across her chest.

"You see, Joel is picking me up today and I don't want him waiting for me when he comes." I explained.

Mum walked over to te dinning table and sat on the chair opposite me. "When did Joel start giving you rides to school?" She questioned sternly.

"Umm... since today?" I answered but it sounded more like a question rather than an answer. Mum gave me a look, showing she was skeptical about the idea.

"Mum, I know you are concerned about who I'm with because of the situation at hand but Joel is a good friend. He'd never deliberately hurt me. He's a nice guy." I explained further to her so she could understand.