5. Punches Are Nice

It's 7:07 pm and I'm on my porch, praying silently to the Big Guy up there for a miracle and that hopefully, my mom doesn't ground me for the rest of my life, then maybe I'll end up as a 70-year-old lady with her cats or some shit.

I open the door and let out a sigh when I see no one in the living room. I tiptoe my way to the kitchen and fortunately, no one is there. I thought the coast was clear until.......

"You better keep on going with the walk of shame, young lady."

I let out a small scream when I see Danny on the couch, facing me with a mischievous grin on this face. And that means only one thing.....

"What do you want this time?" I groan

"Oh, nothing much. I just want you to take Duke and me to your partner's house so we can join you for your project."

I let out a laugh and stop when I see him with a straight face.

"You're kidding.....right?"

"I'm not"

"This is a project that is worth 40% of my grades. This is a joke, Danny." I explain.

"But Duke and I are always bored and I'm sure you don't want Mom to find out that you came home late. Very late. Also, she can come home any minute from now." He said while taking a glance at the clock on the wall.

I let out a sigh, knowing that I have no choice but to agree.

Smartass

"Okay, okay. But firstly, I have to ask Joel."

"Great. Now we must prepare." He said, then ran up the stairs.

"I didn't say yes though," I shouted out to him

"Whatever." he then waved me off

I can't believe my little bro just blackmailed me. I feel like I just sold my soul to the devil.

_________________

' Today I don't feel like doing anything '
'I just wanna lay in my bed'

Unfortunately, that isn't happening.

Why?

Today is Monday. Meaning... I have to walk to the doors of hell. I mean school. I quickly have a shower, dress up and have breakfast and just then, Zane is here to pick me up. I run out after saying my goodbyes to mum and dad. I hop into his sleek black car and see him with a goofy smile on his face.

"What's up with my little piggy?"

"Firstly, I'm good, secondly, I'm not a piggy and lastly, I'm not little."

"Well, you eat like a pig, little one."

"I'm. not. little. By the way, I'm 5.8 in height and you are 6.2 or something."

"I'm 6.3 just so you know."

" What's the difference?" I asked while I roll my eyes.

"1--" then I cut him off.

"Just focus and drive," I shouted at him

" Ugh. okay, okay" he grumbled

~*~

Now, it's time for the best subject in the evolution of humans..... History!!

Hint the sarcasm

I'm here, in a cuboidal room, among over 20 students, listening to Mr Templeton droning on and on about Hitler and World War 2 and most importantly, trying really hard not to fall asleep.

Fortunately, I sited Joel sitting at the window, oblivious to what Mr Templeton is saying, and I've been meaning to ask him if I can come over with my brothers. So I did what anyone in my situation would do and I wrote my message on a paper and threw it at him, hitting him on the head. He gave me a look showing annoyance and I mouthed to him 'read it.

And the conversation starts -

A-Yo, can my two little brothers come over with me for the project?

J- Why?

A- I may or may not have been blackmailed by one of them and now I have to bring them over.

J- What did you do then?

A- Stop asking stupid questions and answer mine. Can they come over?

J- Sure sure. As long as they don't destroy anything.

A- Can't promise you that but they'll try.

J- Okay then. See you later.

A- You're seeing me right now.

J- Just shut up.

*End of conversation*

He's such an ass

Oh, you're back

I never left. I'm your subconscious dummy.

Oh, true. By the way, do you think having a conversation with my subconscious is weird?

I can't say actually. I'm your subconscious

Oh, that's true. Anyway, bye

Bye.

~*~

I'm sitting at our table in the cafeteria with Aliya and Zane along with Aliya's crush, Jax, Jenny, Mason, Rose and Ted when the she-devil of the school comes over with her little wannabe minions. She drags me to the empty hallway and pushed me against a locker.

"You better leave Joel alone. He's mine," she said harshly. She looks and sounds like a retarded and obsessed ex-girlfriend.

"Firstly, he isn't an object to be owned and also he isn't yours. So please back off. Haven't you heard of personal space?"

"What do you you think you have and I don't, huh?"

"Real friends, not lost puppies that follow you everywhere," I said referring to Skylar, Aria and Sofia. "And also, a life. Now if you don't mind, I'll be going." I said nonchalantly.

I was on my way but she said something that stopped me dead in my tracks.

"No wonder he left you. You're annoying."

"For your information, he didn't leave me. I left him."

I felt anger flowing through my veins and as she said those words, unwanted memories flashed through my mind. Before I could register what was happening, I punched her on her nose and heard a crack. She fell but I straddled her and started raining punches on her caked up face. Now my hands are messy, shit.

I stopped when I got pulled off her and I noticed it was Zane and Aliya while Sofia, Aria and Skylar took Eve to the nurse. I gotta admit, that felt good, punches are nice but what I know for sure is - detention awaits me.