21. Stalker

Amanda

Weeks after my walk with Theo, I stopped having weird feelings. Everything is going on well for me and I'm glad.

After English period, I quickly headed to my locker. As I opened it, a piece of paper feel out. I'm pretty sure I didn't put it there; so who did?

I decided to ignore it, thinking it was for someone else.

How is for someone else? You found the paper so it's for you stupid.

Good point.

I bent down, picking up the paper. I unfolded the paper. I was shocked because of what I saw.

It read:

Hello my dear Amanda.
I've been watching you for a very long time now and you've become more beautiful than you were in the last three years.
You are obviously gonna wonder who this is but you'll find out when the time is right.
Which is very soon.
I can't wait for our reunion. But I need to get rid of that guy that's always around you. He's obviously getting in the way of everything.
I can't wait to see you again.

J.M

I read the letter over again. I felt a lot of things. Shock, confusion. I felt disturbed. But above all, I felt scared.

I was still trying to process all of this. I then took notice of the initials.

J.M.

I don't know any one whose first name begins with J and surname begins with M.

I suspect Austin but I know his middle name is Denzel. Also, the letter is written and this isn't Austin's handwriting.

The handwriting is familiar but I can't recall where I saw it.

I'm shaken; no doubt about that.

The letter said there's a guy I'm always with. Well I can't think of any particular guy because I'm surrounded by guys.

I can't tell anyone about this. This person is watching me, I know that for sure. I need to keep all my guys safe. I need to distance myself from them. It's gonna be hard but it's worth it.

I decided to forget about all this for now. I grabbed my books and went to class.

†_†_†_†_†

Well I guess forgetting about all of that was unsuccessful. I couldn't understand anything by the end of the class. Thank God I wasn't called out to answer any question. How embarrassing that would have turned out.

It was time for lunch but I didn't eat my lunch in the cafeteria. I ate my lunch on the bleachers. Everywhere was silent. Just how I like it. The grass of the soccer field was a nice shade of green. Not too pale not to deep. Just perfect.

I didn't notice Aliyah coming to seat beside me

"Hello, you lonely soul." She said with a smile. I didn't react. I just sat down there, looking at the grass.

When she saw I wasn't responding she frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Everything's fine." I said in a low voice. Well that wasn't convincing enough.

It's like she read my thoughts. "That's wasn't convincing. Let's try again. What's wrong?" She asked again.

This time, I didn't answer. I leaned on her shoulder and she wrapped her right arm around me.

"Everything is wrong." I whispered softly but I know she heard me.

She didn't say anything,vso I went on. "I got a letter today. I found it in my locker. Someone is watching me."

"Someone is watching you?" She asked, surprise clear on her voice. I couldn't see her facial expression but I could tell what she was feeling by her voice.

"Yes. I've been having a feeling that someone is watching me. I thought I was being paranoid but it's true." I pulled out the letter from my back pocket and gave it to her.

There's was silence for a while, then she gasped. Just the reaction I expected.

"This 'person' has been watching me. He or she even knows there's a boy I hangout with." I let out a humourless chuckle.

"Um... Amanda, do you think this is the same person that..." She trailed off.

"My eyes widened in realization and I stood upright. I turned to her. "Maybe. How come I didn't think about that before!" I face palmed myself at my stupidity.

"So that means Austin might have something to do with this." Aliyah concluded.

"But the initials are obviously not Austin's. His middle name is Denzel.." I mused.

"That's true but he might still know who this person is. We can't confront him. That's not a smart move." She thought out loud.

"So what should we do?" I asked. I can't think straight right now.

"We wait." She said firmly. "We wait?" I asked again. She nodded.

"I think you have a stalker though." Sha said. That's when the thought hit me.

I have a stalker.

"I'm scared." I said after a while. Aliyah hugged me in response and that what I needed right now. A hug.